Like Tree2Likes

Travelling to Mainland.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Travelling to Mainland.

I'm a permanent resident and have changed my nationality to Chinese and got the HKSAR passport more than 3 years ago and now I need to urgently travel to China on the 7th.

I understand that you can't travel to China with an HKSAR passport (stupid, really), and you need to apply for a visa. I just want to know the procedure and whether I can expedite it as I really need to be in Shanghai on the 7th and 8th and then come back.

Anyone knows how I can apply for a visa to China as quickly as possible? Thanks.

Go visit your local China Travel Service and they'll handle it for an affordable fee. $400 for a single entry usually, and have it ready in time before your flight, ie within 3 to 4 working days

So all I need to do is go to China Travel Service and they will issue a permit to travel to China right?

Surely if you're a Chinese national you need a HRP rather than a visa?

Lord Dashwood and drumbrake like this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by craftyman:
    So all I need to do is go to China Travel Service and they will issue a permit to travel to China right?
    CTS doesn't issue visas, it will do the process of getting one.
    Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 31-03-2016 at 12:06 PM.

Yeah it seems like I need to apply for Home Return Permit. So I guess I'll just have to go to one of these China Travel Services offices and get a home visit permit.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Deleted...

Usually it takes two weeks for home return permit. Not sure if they have express service.

Yo can apply for a single entry permit as a substitute for the home return permit.
    The faster you need it the more it costs.
    CTS handles that.

Your home return permit app.will probably take a while.
    Yo can apply for both at the same time, iThink.

I tried calling them to get some clarification, each person keeps passing me numbers to call and nobody answers on the other line. Would it be better to just walk to their Tsuen Wan branch and ask and apply there?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast