working visa for future wife???

working visa for future wife???

Hi,

I was born in HK, and have a HK resident ID card. But have lived in Aust for 16-17 yrs, and have an Aus Citizenship. I am planning on getting married in about 1 year from now, and also plans to work in HK afterwards. My fiance is an Aus citizen, but obviously does not have HKID card.

Q: does my future wife need a working visa if she plans to look for work in HK. And does the HK government recognise marriage certificate from Aus or any other nations in the world???

She will need to apply for a dependant visa. I suggest that you stop by the Hk Immigration offices to pick up forms and get all the relevant updated information.

And..yes she does need a work visa or a dependant visa to work in HK.

Cant work on a dependant visa any more since 1Jul03 laws changed. She will need to get a work visa from her employer, no big deal if you can get a job with a multi national, local companies may not hire.

Quote Originally Posted by hariy chest:
    Cant work on a dependant visa any more since 1Jul03 laws changed. She will need to get a work visa from her employer, no big deal if you can get a job with a multi national, local companies may not hire.
    The law change does not apply to dependants of HK permanent residents..

Kostas is correct. If you are a HK Permanent Resident and she has a dependent visa through being married to you then she can work for anyone without further paperwork.

thx ppl,

further Q:

does she have to update the dependent visa yearly??

and how long does the dependent visa take to process???

Quote Originally Posted by **:
    Dependent Visa patterns -
    (1) For dependent of PR - 1 + 3 + 3
    It depends also from the passport's expire date. So even you expect to get a 3 years renewal, if you passport expires in 1 year from the day of application then you get a renewal for 1 year only.

from my understanding (which might be entirely incorrect) any absentee HK resident, before the handover on 1 July 1997, lost their status (Right of abode), and upon return must reapply for a HK permanant ID.

I think and dont quote me on this, anyone absent for 36 months losses ROA and upon return needs to re-apply. However I guess being born in HK it should be a formalitity.