dependent visa renewal

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aqsa5487:
    Hi shafiq, I would like to ask something regarding my tax slip as immigration usually asks for them. , actually the problem now is. My employer hasn't given me any tax form to fill in yet & it's Early may, also I am at the tax department and they said they don't have any records of me yet. But my interview is on 18 may for the immigration, should I talk to my employer about this? Is this illegal?? What if I'm not able to provide proof then?
    Its responsibility of your employer to register any new employee by filing IR56 form within 3 months of employment. Sometime they may wait till April and then request form from IRD and file together with company annual return by May.

Its wrong, only if you dint pay the tax after getting tax assessment. Your case is that you dont have the tax return filed by your employer yet. So its better to wait till you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq:
    Its responsibility of your employer to register any new employee by filing IR56 form within 3 months of employment. Sometime they may wait till April and then request form from IRD and file together with company annual return by May.

Its wrong, only if you dint pay the tax after getting tax assessment. Your case is that you dont have the tax return filed by your employer yet. So its better to wait till you get it.
    Okay, so I will wait until waiting for the employer, btw also, immigration asked me for some thing called household registration form. And idk what that is, and Pakistan government is corrupted. So under developed

Okay, so I will wait until waiting for the employer, btw also, immigration asked me for some thing called household registration form. And idk what that is, and Pakistan government is corrupted. So under developed
    Household register contains information about the members and structure of the particular household.
    I am not sure what immd really asked for, but do you have anything like this..https://www.nadra.gov.pk/index.php/p...rtificates/frc

Household register contains information about the members and structure of the particular household.
    I am not sure what immd really asked for, but do you have anything like this..https://www.nadra.gov.pk/index.php/p...rtificates/frc
    The problem is my 1 sister in law don't have any data nor ID card and the other sister in law has but the age is wrong, she is written older than her mother. So I don't know what to do.

The problem is my 1 sister in law don't have any data nor ID card and the other sister in law has but the age is wrong, she is written older than her mother. So I don't know what to do.
    I don't think immd cares about the whole family, rather look for you your husbands name and his parents. If possible its better to get things sorted out. Do you have friends who have applied for dependant visa from Pakistan? Can they advice you the right direction?

I don't think immd cares about the whole family, rather look for you your husbands name and his parents. If possible its better to get things sorted out. Do you have friends who have applied for dependant visa from Pakistan? Can they advice you the right direction?
    Yes and some of them said they didn't write all the family members name and some said they wrote all and some say just don't provide the document, just write it in the paper.

Hey guys, I've got few more questions related to renewing the Dependent Visa and appreciate your inputs.

*How long in advance before the expiry of my current visa can I submit my docs for extension? I've read somewhere here that I need to do so within a month before expiry, others were saying it can be extended on the same day of submission.

*After being granted a 1 year Dependent Visa, will the extension be for 3 years regardless of the applicant's nationality?

*I've recently called IRD because I haven't received any notes for payable taxes and they told me that there's no record for me. Do I need to submit any forms along with my visa docs to prove I don't have payable taxes yet?

Thank you.

Max 1 month before. You won't necessarily get it done on the day so it would be unwise to leave until the last minute. Not necessarily for 3 years. Mine was 1+2+2+2

You can leave it til the last day. If your visa has expired but you've applied for a new one before the expiry you get an automatic extension that allows you to stay. However, you can't leave Hong Kong during this time unless you apply for an actual official extension that will be stamped in your passport. Anyhow, too much detail, go apply early, it's just a wise thing to do.

Does the 2 or 3 year extension start from the previous visa's expiry date, or the date the extension is approved? And how long does it usually take for the approval?