Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By jwyl
  • 1 Post By jmbf
  • 1 Post By MandM!

HK Permanent resident application

HK Permanent resident application

Hello,

Now this one is a bit unusual and have tried all forum searching & imd website.
    I'm completing my 7yrs of continuous stay in Hk & preparing for PR submission.
    However, i have lost my job in January & the employer letter in this case indicates my HK work period which falls short of 7yrs by a few months.
    How will my application case be treated by the Imm. department.
    appreciate your views, opinions or similar experiences....

thanks

When does your work visa expire? If it is after the 7 yrs then you should be fine

shri, jimbo, Mrs. Jones and 2 others like this.

thats great...my visa runs till 2018

I generally agree that you should be ok as long as your visa is current but there is mention of this under the govt website:

"The person is required to make a declaration in the form the Director of Immigration stipulates that he/she.....has a reasonable means of income to support himself/herself and his/her family...."

Eligibility for the Right of Abode in the HKSAR | Immigration Department

This could potentially be a sticking point if you have lost your job and don't have sufficient savings to show that you can support yourself (and family).

ninja1980 likes this.

I don't see it being a problem either. Good luck!

ninja1980 likes this.

thanks jmbf & MandM...
    Having tried a few times, i finally got in touch with an ImmD officer on phone &the advice was that based on visa limit, 'go ahead with the application'.
    The declaration as per form ROP146 was a mere confirmation of 7yrs stay & taking HK as a home with family members & there is no mention re. the means of income.
    Have submitted the application & received the initial acknowledgement from ImmD....keeping fingers crossed