Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MandM!
  • 1 Post By MandM!

Change of employment and visa issue

Closed Thread

Post Change of employment and visa issue

I have a working visa which has been initiated since 2 months ago. It is valid until March 2018. Now I'm not happy with my current job and I already got an offer from another company.

I'd need to know if I accept the offer from the new employer what procedure should I go through in immigration?

I understand that I need a termination and reference letters from my current employer which is fine, but I'm not sure what exactly does the immigration require from me as an employee if I just need to change employment to another company.

Since my visa has a long validity, do I still need to change my visa as well?

For my current visa I have provided many documents required by my current employer, such as education documents, resume and work references. Does the change of employment require the employee to apply with all these documents all over again?

Last edited by itsdawn; 12-05-2016 at 12:38 AM.

The role needs to qualify for a foreigner to work in it.

You submit an extension of stay form, reason is change of employment. Submit new contract and new employer supporting documents. Copy of your ID card, passport and termination letter.

Pretty easy, process takes about 2 weeks, no new visa is needed, they only approve employment with the new sponsor.

itsdawn likes this.

If employer has not sponsored before then it's a lot of documents from your employer to prove business standing and finances.

On your side, just your passport, ID card and termination letter.

itsdawn likes this.