Like Tree2Likes

Applying for Dependent Visa (Wife is pregnant HKSAR passport holder)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The visa has an issue date. You have three months from that date (regardless of when it is picked up) to use the visa to enter Hong Kong which will then activate it. I'm not sure about dependent visas but the employment visas are being issued with initial 2 years' validity, followed by 3 years then 3 years. At the 7 year mark you can apply for Permanent Resident status.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    The visa has an issue date. You have three months from that date (regardless of when it is picked up) to use the visa to enter Hong Kong which will then activate it. I'm not sure about dependent visas but the employment visas are being issued with initial 2 years' validity, followed by 3 years then 3 years. At the 7 year mark you can apply for Permanent Resident status.
    Indeed, although dependant visas usually have initial 12 months then 3 and 3 years, although have seen other nationality have 1 year initial and then 2,2 and 2.

Employment visas usually 1 or 2 years initially depending on company but some are just 6 months initially. No one size fits all. Which will wind some people up for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:

Employment visas usually 1 or 2 years initially depending on company but some are just 6 months initially. No one size fits all. Which will wind some people up for sure!
    I've never seen a 6-month employment visa but that may be dependent on it being a new company making the application?

There was a revision to standard duration of stay for employment visas in 2015, a good recap is here:

http://www.pwccn.com/webmedia/doc/63...ig_may2015.pdf