Like Tree165Likes

APEC Card Application Progress

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sith:
    Pin is right. Taiwan, US and Canada will not approve or show on the card ever.
    With the US and Canada you still need a visa (if you needed a visa before) apparently you can use some special lanes at the airport but that’s about it.
    All I need for USA and Canada is the special lanes at the airport. No need for anything Aussie - I have an Aussie passport for that. So that means I guess Malaysia is the only one missing I might actually use - and then again only for the lanes in the airport. Its a shame we don't get Taiwan on a HK application.
    Sith likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    All I need for USA and Canada is the special lanes at the airport. No need for anything Aussie - I have an Aussie passport for that. So that means I guess Malaysia is the only one missing I might actually use - and then again only for the lanes in the airport. Its a shame we don't get Taiwan on a HK application.
    Lol at your last sentence.

APEC card

Hi — just wondering if anyone can help.

When checking the online portal I saw I got all economies approved and requested to issue the card.

When I collected the card only 5 economies appeared on the back.

Is this a mistake if the online portal says I have been pre-cleared for all economies? Can I still travel to economies that appear on preapproved list but not on the back of my card?

I have urgent business travel to Japan hence the panic!

Quote Originally Posted by deborahramalho:
    Hi — just wondering if anyone can help.

When checking the online portal I saw I got all economies approved and requested to issue the card.

When I collected the card only 5 economies appeared on the back.

Is this a mistake if the online portal says I have been pre-cleared for all economies? Can I still travel to economies that appear on preapproved list but not on the back of my card?

I have urgent business travel to Japan hence the panic!
    AND you didnt ask the Immigration officer why only 5 countries are on the back when you went to collect the card???

Are you sure you got all countries approved, dont think your card will work if the country on the back is not showing what country you are going to use for VISA FREE.

Japan is quite strict, they dont even allow me to use the special lane with my family where as other countries like Thailand they dont care, so Japan might reject your attempt if you need a visa to get in VISA FREE with APEC. If your passport allows Visa free anyways then dont worry about using the special lane.

I unfortunately noticed only when I was out of immigration and was closed (my mistake for not checking!)

On the portal it lists out all countries (including China and Japan) in the approved window.

If the portal says the country is appoved as a pre-cleared economy that is correct right, in your experience? It would not say incorrectly that it was precleared on the online portal?

Sorry this is my first time with this process!

Appriciate all the help!

I know I confused myself once by typing in the number wrong. I digit wrong and you see someone else's info... Double check that first.

If sure then they may have printed the wrong card.. but I was told to double check my details including stuff on the back when I picked mine up so it does seem odd.

stickyears likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I know I confused myself once by typing in the number wrong. I digit wrong and you see someone else's info... Double check that first.

If sure then they may have printed the wrong card.. but I was told to double check my details including stuff on the back when I picked mine up so it does seem odd.
    I’ve double checked against my actually letter and confirmed it’s the correct nunber. Im REALLY hoping the wrong card printing is the case! This has given me hope! Seems odd that they printed the first 5 when everything else on the portal has been approved. I’ve emailed the immigration department so am crossing my fingers!

I was advised not to apply for a Japan visa once apac card had approved pre clearance which is why I panicked (I have a China multiple entry but Japan is only single — I have w Brazilian passport).

fingers crossed!

thank you all for your help! Will definitely come message back on this forum if I have more questions.

you have all been super helpful!

I picked my card today and only 13 of the 16 approved economies are printed on the back of the card.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Yeah, British one is fine. HK is the only territory that allows this.

Just a 'bump' on this message and wondering whether people have any advice on this? Is there any difference between UK and SAR passport?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiojiri Hiro:
    Just a 'bump' on this message and wondering whether people have any advice on this? Is there any difference between UK and SAR passport?
    SAR passport won't get China endorsement, UK will. Although, I'm not sure, maybe a *** HKID can only apply with SAR passport.

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast