Like Tree165Likes

APEC Card Application Progress

Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Variably fast I found into China this last few days. Shenzhen Bay Port the special lane was slower than the normal lane - full of old people and kids. Shenzhen Airport there was no special lane (or not open when I went through).
    You can ask them to open a line for you and or ask the security to put you in front of the line at the open counters. I saw someone else doing this and I do it whenever the counter is closed.

It does sound like an ass-move but hey we have APEC for a reason
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lovehunter:
    You can ask them to open a line for you and or ask the security to put you in front of the line at the open counters. I saw someone else doing this and I do it whenever the counter is closed.

It does sound like an ass-move but hey we have APEC for a reason
    Useful to know. I have a very tight connection in Guangzhou on Thursday and will need to be an asshole I think.
    lovehunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fei88:
    Applied : 20/ February
    Approved : 26/ March

As of April 28, all except for China and Indonesia have been approved. And I had the Interim card issued.
    Did you get Indonesia approved yet? I was APEC approved on 4 April. I have all countries except Indonesia (which is the only one I really need - having spent over USD350 on visas over the last 12 months!). Is there anything I can do to chase up?

Indonesia with their recent rioting in Jakarta about the Presidential elections results + the elections themselves are probably delayed with approvals. Not sure who you could chase actually. HK Immigration just sends it out to all the countries for them to approve.

shri likes this.

Yes Indonesia came through 2 weeks ago.

Now I am only missing China

Hello,

I applied for the APEC card on the 24th of April and received an acknowledgement of my application. Since then, it just shows my application is under progress if you go on the HK Online Application status enquiry portal.

And when I go to the ABTC site to check it says "Either there are no approvals for this application or you have entered an invalid application/passport number"

Is this normal or should I try to further investigate the matter? What should I do here?

I want to travel to South America at the end of July. Peru in particular so I am worried about how long this is taking.

Quote Originally Posted by shree711:
    Hello,

I applied for the APEC card on the 24th of April and received an acknowledgement of my application. Since then, it just shows my application is under progress if you go on the HK Online Application status enquiry portal.

And when I go to the ABTC site to check it says "Either there are no approvals for this application or you have entered an invalid application/passport number"

Is this normal or should I try to further investigate the matter? What should I do here?

I want to travel to South America at the end of July. Peru in particular so I am worried about how long this is taking.
    There is nothing strange about this. The FIRST thing that happens is that HK processes the application. ONLY AFTER THIS do you get a number to check on the ABTC. You just have to wait to get that next number - it comes via a postcard like thing.

As you will see from the whole thread, these applications can take a LONG time. 6 months ahead of any travel is a good timeline.
    Fei88 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    There is nothing strange about this. The FIRST thing that happens is that HK processes the application. ONLY AFTER THIS do you get a number to check on the ABTC. You just have to wait to get that next number - it comes via a postcard like thing.

As you will see from the whole thread, these applications can take a LONG time. 6 months ahead of any travel is a good timeline.
    Thanks for your reply. I got an application number (that VABL thing) on a postcard like sheet. That came around the beginning of may. However, I'm still experiencing the issue that I previously mentioned. If it is still normal at this point then so be it but I am just checking that.

Quote Originally Posted by shree711:
    Thanks for your reply. I got an application number (that VABL thing) on a postcard like sheet. That came around the beginning of may. However, I'm still experiencing the issue that I previously mentioned. If it is still normal at this point then so be it but I am just checking that.
    I got two numbers. I thought the first one was it, and did exactly what you did, and it was not. The proper number came later on another postcard. (I think also with the ABTC website address for checking, but that might be my imagination. I don't have it in front of me).

I guess I will just wait it out and see what happens but in the mean time, I will probably have to actually get visas to visit these countries.

Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast