Like Tree165Likes

APEC Card Application Progress

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

The new one starts when you pick it up, because only then they cut your old one to make it invalid. You can postpone the pickup to the last day of the validity of the old one.

27-07-2016
    Received the "Acknowledgement Card"

22-07-2016
    Today I submitted my APEC application (this will be my 2nd card)

* hand delivered application materials, booth 1 and 2 on level 7 immigration tower Wan Chai.
    * Tip: take your passport and hkid
    * tip you can apply 6 months before your apec expires

1-08-2016
    Hong Kong processing done - from here, the wait really begins

"You have been pre-cleared by the following economies:
    Hong Kong (China)
    Philippines
    Hong Kong (China)
    Thailand"

27-07-2016
    Received the "Acknowledgement Card"

22-07-2016
    Today I submitted my APEC application (this will be my 2nd card)

* hand delivered application materials, booth 1 and 2 on level 7 immigration tower Wan Chai.
    * Tip: take your passport and hkid
    * tip you can apply 6 months before your apec expires

chuckster007 and shri like this.

I had China (PRC), Brunei, Chile and Peru cleared within a week of receiving the acknowledgement card. On my first card Peru was the only country that I never got.
    After 1 month I had all except PNG, Mexico, Australia, Japan and Indonesia.
    This time Indonesia is the last one still missing after 3 months.
    Australia (76 days) and Japan (89 days) took surprisingly long too. No idea why.

shri and Rob2020 like this.

if you get the interim card 1st, lets say 3 months from the time u applied, does that mean they stop with the requests for the countries that are still missing or maybe 6 months later you ask for a replacement card and hopefully you will have more countries that are approved.

Does my post make sense LOL

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    if you get the interim card 1st, lets say 3 months from the time u applied, does that mean they stop with the requests for the countries that are still missing or maybe 6 months later you ask for a replacement card and hopefully you will have more countries that are approved.

Does my post make sense LOL
    First of all - interim card is not the same as replacement card.

If I were to request an interim card right now, I would have APEC entry to the countries who have already approved me.
    The request process to the other countries will continue.
    Later, after all the countries have processed the request, the APEC card will be issued.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    First of all - interim card is not the same as replacement card.

If I were to request an interim card right now, I would have APEC entry to the countries who have already approved me.
    The request process to the other countries will continue.
    Later, after all the countries have processed the request, the APEC card will be issued.
    I understand as i have a card already issued Aug last year, i have 16 countries approved and I requested card be issued once I saw the countries that I wanted, card is fading and my picture can be barely seen, it expires Aug next year so Im wondering if I apply for replacement card, will I be surprised and see some other countries that has been approved since my last card issued, will it be worth it to get a new shiny card

your last statement which is correct but it will never happen, Taiwan will NEVER approve so if you wait for all countries to be approved and wait for the card to be issued automatically, you will be waiting forever I think LOL

I understand as i have a card already issued Aug last year, i have 16 countries approved and I requested card be issued once I saw the countries that I wanted, card is fading and my picture can be barely seen, it expires Aug next year so Im wondering if I apply for replacement card, will I be surprised and see some other countries that has been approved since my last card issued, will it be worth it to get a new shiny card

your last statement which is correct but it will never happen, Taiwan will NEVER approve so if you wait for all countries to be approved and wait for the card to be issued automatically, you will be waiting forever I think LOL
    You will get a new card with all countries approved to that date. Isn't the picture fading nice as it saves having to pay for the replacement.
    chuckster007 likes this.

Why do you say that? I think Taiwan approved my previous card...

Not if you apply through Hong Kong.

emx and chuckster007 like this.

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast