Brunei Darussalam
    Chile
    Hong Kong, China
    Korea
    New Zealand
    Papua New Guinea
    Philippines
    Singapore

By the way, I was wondering if anyone has used the APEC card to enter these countries for tourism purposes. I need it mainly for work but my citizenship sucks so having to get so many visas is often annoying. For example, I visited New Zealand 3 years ago. At that time I didn't have APEC so I got a visa but my dad did have APEC with NZ endorsed on it but he was advised to get a visa. I feel that maybe that was unnecessary and he could have passed through without it because once on a tourist trip to Australia, he used APEC there to enter with no problems.

has anyone resident in HKG ever received a Taiwan approval

Quote Originally Posted by dynamco
    has anyone resident in HKG ever received a Taiwan approval
    I don't think that's possible because the letter clearly says that "Chinese Taipei (TWN) will not process ABTC applications from Hong Kong"
    chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shree711
    By the way, I was wondering if anyone has used the APEC card to enter these countries for tourism purposes.
    Used my APEC many times for holiday purposes even with Wife n Kid with me, I took them with me to the APEC lanes for immigration, the only country so far that has not allowed me to use the APEC lane with my family is Japan (Osaka) . If you are travelling by yourself and if asked what is your purpose of visit even when using APEC card, YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SAY BUSINESS. make some shit up.

my dad did have APEC with NZ endorsed on it but he was advised to get a visa.
    did your dad say he was a tourist when asked why he was visiting???

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007
    did your dad say he was a tourist when asked why he was visiting???
    Naturally he would say business if he were asked. I didn't say he got denied anywhere. What happened was that we were visiting New Zealand and the rest of us had to get visas so he enquired at the consulate and the consulate advised him that he's supposed to get a Visa since it's not a business purpose. He may still be let in but he could be denied. As he heard this, he got scared and decided to get a visa. Sometimes, you ask questions and then you scare yourself.

I know someone who has been through the same. Seems New Zealand got their system adjusted to HK issued CARDS recently.

HK is the only member country to issue apec cards to non citizen permanent residents.

My friend got refused check-in at hk airport by CX. Ouch..this was 4 years ago. Calls made to NZ consulate failed to confirm that Card is good.

Next visit 2 years ago was a breeze. His attempt to secure a visa in HK was refused as he is holding an APEC card.

In summary you should be fine now.

2 new additions:

Australia

Brunei Darussalam
    Chile
    Hong Kong, China
    Korea
    New Zealand
    Papua New Guinea
    Philippines
    Singapore

By the way, I was wondering if anyone has used the APEC card to enter these countries for tourism purposes. I need it mainly for work but my citizenship sucks so having to get so many visas is often annoying. For example, I visited New Zealand 3 years ago. At that time I didn't have APEC so I got a visa but my dad did have APEC with NZ endorsed on it but he was advised to get a visa. I feel that maybe that was unnecessary and he could have passed through without it because once on a tourist trip to Australia, he used APEC there to enter with no problems.
    chuckster007 likes this.

2 new additions:

Australia

Brunei Darussalam
    Chile
    Hong Kong, China
    Korea
    New Zealand
    Papua New Guinea
    Philippines
    Singapore

I do it all the time. Only once been called out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    I do it all the time. Only once been called out on it.
    When, where and why did you get called out for it? And who called you out? Immigration?

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21