Like Tree93Likes

APEC Card Application Progress

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

APEC Card Application Progress

Hi - I have submitted my application to the IMMD in mid-May, when should I expect to hear from IMMD on any preliminary decision/queries? Thanks!

You need approval from all the countries separately I believe so once you get enough approvals you can decide to take it or keep waiting. As some countries never come through. One of my friends timed it at one year. The US one can be obtained in one month but you don't have visa free entry. So not too much benefit besides skipping the queue.

shri likes this.

Thanks for the response. However, what I am interested to know is the initial processing time of HK IMMD (before passing to the individual countries for clearance).

I have also just spoke to the IMMD, apparently if you want to check you status online or using the automated phone system, you need to add "000" in front of the 4 digits in the middle of the reference number stated in the acknowledgment card, i.e. "VABL-000XXXX-XX". FYI.

Nope. You need to wait till you get the application number by mail. It's a 5 digit number. Chinese clearance takes about 2-3 month.

Last edited by flameproof; 30-05-2016 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Nope. You need to wait till you get the application number by mail. It's a 5 digit number. Chinese clearance takes about 2-3 month.
    On my first application China took exactly 2 months after receiving the acknowledgement.
    Now on reapplication after 3 years it took a week to get China.

Today I submitted my APEC application (this will be my 2nd card)

* hand delivered application materials, booth 1 and 2 on level 7 immigration tower Wan Chai.
    * Tip: take your passport and hkid
    * tip you can apply 6 months before your apec expires

chuckster007 and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by robertlempriere:
    * tip you can apply 6 months before your apec expires
    The new one will start when it's ready or on the last day of the existing card?

I doubt they can answer that as the process itself takes an unpredictable amount of time.
    I reckon you'd best expect the process to take 3 months

I'll update here with my progress
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    You need approval from all the countries separately I believe so once you get enough approvals you can decide to take it or keep waiting. As some countries never come through. One of my friends timed it at one year. The US one can be obtained in one month but you don't have visa free entry. So not too much benefit besides skipping the queue.
    You can skip the queue in every APEC member country, even without it in the back. You only get visa free entry to countries which are in the back.
    chuckster007 likes this.

The new one will start when it's ready and the old one will be invalid, even if it still has some time left.

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast