Like Tree7Likes

Visitor Visa for Indian Parents

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Do you have a case reference number and a number / fax for the immd officer?

I'd send them a fax stating that you have some family reasons for which your parents would need to arrive by a certain date and you would appreciate it if they can process with some urgency.

Never hurts to ask.... worst case scenario is they'll ignore your fax.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Never hurts to ask.... worst case scenario is they'll ignore your fax.
    Or your handling officers gets pissed off and puts your application to the back of the pile.

Bloody Indian pushing me to work faster. LOL

Nah ... we've done it for our helper and also a work visa over the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Nah ... we've done it for our helper and also a work visa over the last couple of years.
    I do it regularly for work visas with total success. I have heard of helper visas being expedited. I think (my 2 cents) that work visas and FDH visas are viewed in a different light as they involve employment and can be appealed for a faster turnaround. I haven't heard of many dependent visas (actually none for parents) being given the same consideration. However, if you can convince them there is a pretty good reason you need this expedited you may get lucky.
    chuckster007 and shri like this.

There are always religious reasons... with 20 million deities in India...

Fiona in HKG likes this.