Like Tree18Likes

Consequences of lying- permanent residency application

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Consequences of lying- permanent residency application

What are the consequences of lying on your application? Specifically, I don't want to tell them about my foreign citizenship because I'm afraid it might affect my chances. How deep will they dig?

That makes no sense. They know your citizenship already if you've gotten a visa previously. Lying on an application is a serious offense.

jimbo and Fiona in HKG like this.

Agree with Civil Servant

They already know as they would of added the sticker from previous work permits etc.

It depends on what you want to do. If you want to work here, made a decent living, maybe save up for your retirement, I'd be honest. anything else could come back to bite you later.

If your plan is to set up a smuggling business, infiltrate the triads, transfer your funds abroad and then eventually leave HK under mysterious circumstances, then i'd say go ahead and bend the truth on your application a little.

I can understand not wanting to reveal your nationality on the forums ... we do have 1 poster who takes the moral high ground.

But I suspect this is bit of a wind up ... how the f' did you get into HK without showing your passport?

Then it is not a case of lying .. it is omission.

Original Post Deleted
    The form asks for Nationality and Travel Document number, nothing else relevant to citizenship (that I can recall).
    shri likes this.

jmbf is right. The form only asks for your travel documentation which you must have already made known to Immigration when they issue your visas during the 7 years. Looks like the summer heat is bringing them all out recently...

shri and Fiona in HKG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    But I suspect this is bit of a wind up ... how the f' did you get into HK without showing your passport?
    I have 2 passports. Hong Kong Govt knows about one of them and has no idea about the other.
    I got my permanent without ever revealing the existence of the second. They didnt ask, I didn't offer the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Then it is not a case of lying .. it is omission.
    My experience was from many years ago. Perhaps they ask and dig deeper now...but I dont see how that would make any difference at all. All they care about is the 7 years AFAIK...
    shri, Mrs. Jones and Elegiaque like this.

I also have two passports. Never mentioned it to any Hong Kong authorities either, nor did they ask.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast