Like Tree86Likes

Indian / South Asian QMAS Applicants - READ THIS FIRST

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11

I agree with you that it's not really the best place to live but again there not all who leave hate the place.
    With a billion plus people and rising, even if the percentage of people who want to leave is "microscopic" there are enough people who are desperate for that overseas passport / residency, to be conned. These are the people who the QMAS agents are exploiting.

And law-enforcement in India, while it might be getting better is laughable - my parent's ancestral home was burgled a year or 18 months ago and they needed to use a person with influence to get the local cops to come in to register a report. Imagine how easy it is to exploit people who are hungry to get out of India.
    HK_Katherine and Mefisto like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    With a billion plus people and rising, even if the percentage of people who want to leave is "microscopic" there are enough people who are desperate for that overseas passport / residency, to be conned. These are the people who the QMAS agents are exploiting.

And law-enforcement in India, while it might be getting better is laughable - my parent's ancestral home was burgled a year or 18 months ago and they needed to use a person with influence to get the local cops to come in to register a report. Imagine how easy it is to exploit people who are hungry to get out of India.
    They need to use the system that operated in Manchester, you ring the police to report a burglary and they put a card through the letterbox with the crime number for your insurance. Saves a lot of manpower
    shri likes this.

I do sometimes despair of today's intellectual folks. Concepts such as constructive, to the point arguments are as foreign as an Englishman to their pompous asses. I've said it before , and I'll say that again, there are lots of downsides to living in india. If you can't stand them, fine, no one's forcing you to live there; however, comparing a developing (let me spell it out for you d-e-v-e-l-o-p-i-n-g) country of 1.3billion with a 7.5 million city is simply laughable. On a sidetrack note, just because you started it, aren't there many people in HK fed up with their living conditions and badly wanting to migrate? Actually, the poster who queried why Indians would choose HK over other English speaking countries made more sense since hk is mostly off the radar of many Indians wishing to go overseas. Just because someone wants to leave india , doesn't make their decision an obvious one for a foreigner. There are many who'd rather cope up with all the problems you mentioned in india than live like second class citizens, being subjected to incessant racism on a day to day basis. In my opinion, if India went any backwards, it would turn into Philippines, or worse , England. And those who degrade the land they are from irrationally actually belong nowhere. The developed world isn't also immune to burglaries and shambolic authorities response. I got plenty of anecdotal evidence of experiencing gross incompetence but that doesn't mean anything.

asid12345678 and rkenia852 like this.

@Jaz Paul - Thanks for that. Got it...

HK_Katherine and Mefisto like this.

Qmas quary

I Got acknowledgement letter on august 26th.till howmany months should i wait for the AIP

I Got acknowledgement letter on august 26th.till howmany months should i wait for the AIP

Even if you are not from the South Asian area, I think it would be helpful to you to read this thread in full: https://geoexpat.com/forum/54/thread339388.html

I do hope you did not pay an agent to "help" you with the application.

HK_Katherine and Rkk like this.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11