Like Tree86Likes

Indian / South Asian QMAS Applicants - READ THIS FIRST

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Indian / South Asian QMAS Applicants - READ THIS FIRST

We see a number of threads popping up from people across the sub-continent asking if they stand a chance with their QMAS application.

Please read this before you continue:

- My agent told me... stop! Your agent will, like a fortune teller tell you want you want to hear. They cannot influence an application process and might hurt your chances by submitting a badly templated applications which can easily be tagged by IMMD as 'paid applications'.

- 80 points, do I qualify? Chances are no you do not. While you may have achieved a good score, the system is biased in favour of mainland Chinese applicants and while you may have a ton of experience in your area, it is highly doubtful that your application will be approved (read the point about using an agent..)

Will add more once I go through some of the recent threads and comments by other frequent posters.

And not to forget than Indian certifications are treated with a fair bit of skepticism unless they're from top tier establishments that IMMD is familiar with.

A recent case of a UP "top marks" girl being arrested after a re-exam would explain why. While being interviewed on TV, she explained that political science, a subject that she'd done very well in, involved cooking..

Couple of other things maybe worth mentioning:

The absolute number of QMAS visas issued is tiny - a few hundred per year, total - so unless you really do stand out, you're going to be lost in the crowd of good-but-not-special applicants.

It's a slow process - even if everything goes great, expect to wait 6-9 months for a result.

You still need to find yourself a job - all the visa gives you is the right to live and work in HK, it's up to you to exercise that right.

shri likes this.

Question Eyesight issue doubt for qmas visa

Hi,
    I am from India.I am in the process of qmas visa and yet to submit the application.I have a query on my visa.

1.I have squint eye and lack of vision in left eye.my right eye is working well and no issue.Whether my visa get rejected due to eye issue or not.in the visa checklist they didn't asked medical certificate for me.but still I afraid.

2.even I pass in visa if the employer will go medical exam for eye? Due to this if there is a chance to reject my job.?

Please answer my both question

Hi, i am writing this post to ask some question, i am trying to start a new thread or new discussion or new forum or ask question regarding austalia visa. Bu i am not able to see where to go and post my question . Been looking for almost an hour , stupid of me or is there i just cant see..so would be great if you could teach me or guide me to start a new thread or topic or just page where i can ask my questions....thanx again

Hi shilu,
    Once you registered in this site goto the below link:

https://geoexpat.com/forum/

Then click Immigration and visa
    In that you find post new thread.
    Click and create a new thread and submit your query.

Quote Originally Posted by 2008tsy:
    Hi,
    I am from India.I am in the process of qmas visa and yet to submit the application.I have a query on my visa.

1.I have squint eye and lack of vision in left eye.my right eye is working well and no issue.Whether my visa get rejected due to eye issue or not.in the visa checklist they didn't asked medical certificate for me.but still I afraid.

2.even I pass in visa if the employer will go medical exam for eye? Due to this if there is a chance to reject my job.?

Are you paying any consultant to apply QMAS Visa? please do not pay and waste your money. Your chances of getting this visa is nil. This visa is basicly for Chinese from Mainland. Please check the forum for similar threads.
    chuckster007 and chingleutsch like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 2008tsy:

1. No issue
    2. Depends on what job your going for as not all jobs require medical exam, what is your job back ground.

As Oldtimer said, your chance of getting QMAS visa in HK is VERY VERY LOW. majority of it goes to Mainland Chinese Applicants and whats left over goes to the highest marking candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    1. No issue
    2. Depends on what job your going for as not all jobs require medical exam, what is your job back ground.

As Oldtimer said, your chance of getting QMAS visa in HK is VERY VERY LOW. majority of it goes to Mainland Chinese Applicants and whats left over goes to the highest marking candidates.
    Hi chuckster,
    I paid money for consultancy.I scored 110 points in qmas eligibility test.Also am I applied for post of Logistics field.Whether In this field medical exam conducted by employer.

Worry about that IF you get your visa.

https://geoexpat.com/forum/54/thread339388.html

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast