Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By vmlinuz
  • 1 Post By hullexile

Clarification on Qmas visa

Closed Thread

Question Clarification on Qmas visa

Hi,
    Am from India. My general doubt on qmas visa.Can anyone explain what is the procedure after receiving Approval in Principle letter for qmas visa.
    When the visa will stamp after this.

within how many days i need to go Hong Kong after visa stamp.

once reached there what is the procedure in Immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by 2008tsy:
    Hi,
    Am from India. My general doubt on qmas visa.Can anyone explain what is the procedure after receiving Approval in Principle letter for qmas visa.
    When the visa will stamp after this.

within how many days i need to go Hong Kong after visa stamp.

once reached there what is the procedure in Immigration.
    Have you received your AIP letter?

A quick google found the answer to the above question has already been answered in detail on this site.

Go in person, documents verified, visa on the spot. There is a timeframe to go from date of receiving AIP.

Hi hull and mand,
    Thanks for reply.I checked that within 3 months I need to visit Hong Kong for interview to get visa.
    My another doubt is when I will get visa stamp after receiving AIP. After interview in Hong Kong I get entry visa right.What is the validity of entry visa.

So you haven't received an AIP? If you hadn't submitted your application yet, 2 weeks ago, you're a very long way from that point of the process...

I'd be interested to know how you reach your apparent 110 points.

Need to know If I get any job in Hong Kong under work visa sponsoring by some employer.once working there meanwhile whether I can apply for qmas visa ? Anything wrong in that.

Quote Originally Posted by 2008tsy:
    Need to know If I get any job in Hong Kong under work visa sponsoring by some employer.once working there meanwhile whether I can apply for qmas visa ? Anything wrong in that.
    Typically immigration prefers you only have one visa at a time but there is no problem applying for a QMAS visa while working on a work visa. Just read the many many threads on this which highlight how unlikely it is you will get QMAS unless you are a Mainland Chinese person first. And never use any agent who tells you otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Typically immigration prefers you only have one visa at a time but there is no problem applying for a QMAS visa while working on a work visa. Just read the many many threads on this which highlight how unlikely it is you will get QMAS unless you are a Mainland Chinese person first. And never use any agent who tells you otherwise.
    Hi Katherine,
    Did u mean that once qmas visa approved I need to cancel work visa by going to Immigration office.

I applied for QMAS while technically having a work visa - I think I submitted my QMAS application on the last day my work visa was valid, in an attempt to keep some sort of visa continuity. As part of the process, I was asked to sign a declaration that I accepted I wouldn't be treated any differently from applicants who didn't already live in Hong Kong.

If you actually do have 110 points, you'll have a better chance - not a good chance, just a better chance - than people who just scrape over the threshold, but I'm guessing at this point that you don't...

Original Post Deleted
    He has been told repeatedly how near impossible it is for him (or her) to get a Qmas visa but just ignores that. He seems incapable of doing a basic google search. I would not employ him, 110 points or not.
    HK_Katherine likes this.