Like Tree2Likes

Helper changing jobs / visa / holidays

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Helper changing jobs / visa / holidays

Wanna ask you guys, my helper's 2 years contract will end in Jan 2nd, she is planning to find a new employer soon but after she left us she wants go for holiday to Malaysia for few weeks.

My question is she hasn't taken her 2 weeks annual holiday but she is planning to go for holiday when her visa is gonna be issued with her new boss but her passport is still valid till Dec 2017. Is she allowed to leave HK?? Or could she only leave after 6 weeks when her new visa is issued?

She needs to leave HK when her visa expires which is likely the same day as the contract ends, this happened to my last helper, i thought they had a few days extra but I was wrong, in the end my helper did go to immigration to get an extension for a few days before she flew back for her holiday while waiting for new visa to be approved.
    Unused annual leave was paid in cash.

maid can exit hkg to have her holiday after she gets her new visa and she should have the passport valid date at least 6 months

shri likes this.

Helper can start the paperwork to change employers 1 month before her visa ends with you. Immigration will take about 4-6 weeks. Her new employer can pick up the visa sticker and send it to her if she's not in HK.

Claire ex-ax likes this.

So before she receives the new visa or under process as right now my contract is gonna end on 2nd Jan, she can leave for holiday few days later and come back to HK to begin her new contract?

she can only go for holiday before the new visa process or after she gets new visa, during processing time she must need to stay in Hong Kong

I don't think she needs to be in Hong Kong, but not 100% sure. But its something the new employer needs to worry about it.

during processing time of new visa , the maid has to stay in Hong Kong because she need to interview with the immigration officer to get new visa

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy:
    during processing time of new visa , the maid has to stay in Hong Kong because she need to interview with the immigration officer to get new visa
    Eh NO, both two maids I have had, NEVER had to go to immigration for an interview while processing new visa. Not sure why you think they needed to.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast