Like Tree1Likes

No ID with valid Passport - going to Macau

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

No ID with valid Passport - going to Macau

I moved away from HK a few years ago and turned 18 overseas. I'm back for 10 days so I don't have time to renew my ID but I have a valid passport. Is it possible for me to travel to Macau in a few days?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

What passport do you have?

Most likely yes, you can enter Macau with your passport. Whether you need a visa depends on which passport you have.

My passport is a HKSAR passport.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

You'll be okay. But expect to be stopped at ImmD when you enter Hong Kong; they'll ask about your ID card.

Most likely you should be ok. Maybe someone knows for sure.
    But why not apply for an ID and have someone pick it up and send to you?

When you go to re-apply for your ID, they will give you a paper there and then which can be used to enter / exit Hong Kong and Macau. Get someone to pick up the actual card for you when ready and mail it over to you.

I don't really think I have anyone here to rely on... But I'll try to get someone to get. If not, I'd really like it if I will be able to go to Macau.

you'll be given a temporary ID card when you renew. you can travel on the temporary ID card.

You can only enter Macau using your HKSAR passport with a ticket departing from Macau Airport. If you are arriving Macau by flight, this requirement is waived.

HK people had been rejected entry into Macau by using their HKSAR passport without flight ticket.

You can use BN(O) passport or HK Re-entry Permit issued by HK immigration to enter Macau without visa.

Paper form HKID card is acually not acceptable outside of HK.

14. 持有香港特別行政區護照之人士
    (須具備前往第三國家或地區的機票 入境簽證)
    最多7日(過境)
    治安警察局
    Last edited by lighthse003; 12-08-2016 at 01:09 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast