Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Claire ex-ax
  • 1 Post By Claire ex-ax
  • 1 Post By Fiona in HKG

Employer's Declaration on Form ID990B

Closed Thread

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Employer's Declaration on Form ID990B

I see this is part of the ID990B form (it might have been there for a while but it's not something I generally look at).

Has anyone had experience with this, i.e. proving it rather than just declaring after submission?

Name:  ID990B addendum.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  63.5 KB

Fiona in HKG likes this.

Yes, it popped up on their online form as far as I can see about a month ago now. We submitted an application just before it was added and the case officer faxed us with that form asking us to complete it. That was done and she came back asking for proof that we had tried to recruit locally. Thankfully we had retained an international search through a US firm that had given us a long-list including local candidates. I sent that through and all was signed and visa approved same day.

This was for a visa transfer case and in excess of $100k a month. I think it is proof they are getting tougher about protecting the local workforce.

I thought people should be alerted as it took me by surprise and if not prepared it could play havoc with contract timing - I included it in a post recently wen visas were being discussed

chuckster007 likes this.

Thanks Fiona. (Sorry I missed it mentioned on a previous post.)

Fiona in HKG likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Well not me personal obviously, but my employer is mumbling about something.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Thanks Fiona. (Sorry I missed it mentioned on a previous post.)
    No worries....if I had a dollar for every post I missed

It's important stuff and caught me by surprise, thank goodness I had done things properly as I was doing a final chase on the visa at 7 days before the contract was to start!