Like Tree23Likes

Permanent residency. Plz help!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Then it sounds like at minimum you would be eligible for RTL which gives you the right to work and live in HK.

Would OP have to wait 7 years to get the PID again? There isn't much more benefit having PID vs RTL from what people are saying.
    I think I would have to live in Hong Kong again for 7 years to get ROA. I personally think as long as I at least have right to land I will be fine. You can live and work and it won't be that hard to get ROA again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinnaxo:
    I think I would have to live in Hong Kong again for 7 years to get ROA. I personally think as long as I at least have right to land I will be fine. You can live and work and it won't be that hard to get ROA again.
    Wont you qualify for the below category, hence have ROA?

e) A person under 21 years of age born in Hong Kong to a parent who is a permanent resident of the HKSAR in category (d) before or after the establishment of the HKSAR if at the time of his/her birth or at any later time before he/she attains 21 years of age, one parent has the right of abode in Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq:
    Wont you qualify for the below category, hence have ROA?

e) A person under 21 years of age born in Hong Kong to a parent who is a permanent resident of the HKSAR in category (d) before or after the establishment of the HKSAR if at the time of his/her birth or at any later time before he/she attains 21 years of age, one parent has the right of abode in Hong Kong.
    Yh I would qualify Meaning I can live in Hong Kong. But Wat would happen once I'm 21? Like you guys said I would either still have ROA or be right to land.

Yh I would qualify Meaning I can live in Hong Kong. But Wat would happen once I'm 21? Like you guys said I would either still have ROA or be right to land.
    You have to apply for VEPIC..verification of permanent ID card using above category and supporting documents..then you can get a definite answer about roa or rtl from immigration dept..

Did you check your passport if it does have any endorsement mentioning permanent residency? As you were born here and hold foreign passport, there is a good chance it carries endorsement of you residency...

Did you check your passport if it does have any endorsement mentioning permanent residency? As you were born here and hold foreign passport, there is a good chance it carries endorsement of you residency...
    Do passports even say anything about residency? Birth certificates do. On my passport It says I was born in Hong Kong.

I just check and on my birth certificate it says permanent residency established.

emx likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Ok so once I'm 21 It won't automatically downgrade from ROA to RTL? Right now I am a permanent resident because I'm not 21 yet so I can apply for a permanent resident card. What will happen to my Permanent ID once I'm 21? Will they take it away from me?

Also my sister was 6 when we moved. Does this mean that she won't have ROA unless she comes and lives in Hong Kong again for 7 years?

Ok so once I'm 21 It won't automatically downgrade from ROA to RTL? Right now I am a permanent resident because I'm not 21 yet so I can apply for a permanent resident card. What will happen to my Permanent ID once I'm 21? Will they take it away from me?

Also my sister was 6 when we moved. Does this mean that she won't have ROA unless she comes and lives in Hong Kong again for 7 years?
    You were born in HK to a permanent resident there by had PR by birth. Since you were not in HK for more than 36 months, your ROA downgrade to RTL (non chinese). If you apply for verification of PID card, you will get a definite answer.

Was your sister born in HK? If not she dont have ROA. She can come as dependent of your parents, live for 7yrs and get PR.

By reaching 21, ROA downgrades to RTL. But if you were living in HK for 7 yrs preceding to the time you reach 21, i think you can apply for VEPIC and get ROA back.

Was your sister born in HK? If not she dont have ROA. She can come as dependent of your parents, live for 7yrs and get PR.

By reaching 21, ROA downgrades to RTL. But if you were living in HK for 7 yrs preceding to the time you reach 21, i think you can apply for VEPIC and get ROA back.
    My sister was also born in Hong Kong but as deleteduser said she won't have permanent residency because she hasn't lived there for 7 years?

I'm going to a university in England so there is no way of me going to Hong Kong before I'm 21 and apply for VEPIC.

My sister was also born in Hong Kong but as deleteduser said she won't have permanent residency because she hasn't lived there for 7 years?

I'm going to a university in England so there is no way of me going to Hong Kong before I'm 21 and apply for VEPIC.
    If your sister was born in HK, and one of the parents were a permanent resident at time of her birth, she surely have ROA..

You can just come here for a weekend holiday, enter hk legally as a visitor and apply for vepic in person and leave... you don't have to live here... You can ask your friend to be local representative to complete other formality..