Like Tree23Likes

Permanent residency. Plz help!

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq:
    If your sister was born in HK, and one of the parents were a permanent resident at time of her birth, she surely have ROA.
    Ok so both of us have ROA but because we haven't been to Hong Kong in 3 years that downgrades to RTL.

I don't have a permanent ID card yet so if I got to Hong Kong on a holiday and apply for one whilst I'm there would that work? They would give me one where it says right to land right? And how long does it roughly take for the ID card to be made and given to me?
    Last edited by Hinnaxo; 05-09-2016 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinnaxo:
    Ok so both of us have ROA but because we haven't been to Hong Kong in 3 years that downgrades to RTL. As u said we can go and get a VEPIC so we can get ROA again.
    I asked you to try apply for VEPIC as its a confusion whether you have ROA or not. You will get a firm answer whether you still have ROA or RTL...
    Applying for VEPIC doesn't guarantee an ROA outcome....

Ok so both of us have ROA but because we haven't been to Hong Kong in 3 years that downgrades to RTL.

I don't have a permanent ID card yet so if I got to Hong Kong on a holiday and apply for one whilst I'm there would that work? They would give me one where it says right to land right? And how long does it roughly take for the ID card to be made and given to me?
    http://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/....html#under_18

Start application online... Have to be present when applying, but can authorise anyone to collect...10 days processing time
    Hinnaxo likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    I was 6 when I left so my parents couldn't apply for PR. I left with my parents so I am not in Hong Kong and I haven't visited hong Kong in 3 years.

I should at least have RTL because after the points you have said there is no way I have ROA.

Documents stating the holders had the ROA may not be legally correct at a later time if the person does not have Chinese nationality.

An endorsement in your passport stating the holder has the right to land in HK can be issued on application. You can apply for your HKID card in person in HK with the RTL endrosement in your passport. RTL ID cards have the code R on them.

Hinnaxo likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5