Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By subbu.arun

Work part time in SZ

Work part time in SZ

I'd like to work part-time in Shenzhen and continue living in HK and working here part-time. Would probably involve commuting twice a week to Shekou.

I have a British passport; 24 month employment visa for HK.

From what I can figure out, the process is:
    - Enter under single entry Z-Visa
    - Apply for work/residence permit
    - Use that to go in and out of China thereafter

One question I have is: would I have to remain in SZ the entire time between entering and finally obtaining the residence/work permits? As this would be difficult because of work commitments of continuing to work part-time in HK.

Is there an alternative kind of visa I could consider?

The company in SZ is not the same as the company in HK, but they are willing to work together to facilitate this.

Any ideas?

For work visa and to obtain an alien work permit ( Brown Book) along with the green book if you may need that, depending on the kind of company applying your visa.
    For stamping your work visa on passport, you need to give them your passport for 5 working days if I am not wrong. For obtaining work permit you do not have to deposit the passport. You are free to travel.
    You also need to produce a rental copy for an apartment in Shenzhen and do a local police station registration. You need to carry the registration letter you did with local police station all the time. China is strict with this rule since Olympics happend in Beijing.

choicemountain likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by subbu.arun:
    For work visa and to obtain an alien work permit ( Brown Book) along with the green book if you may need that, depending on the kind of company applying your visa.
    For stamping your work visa on passport, you need to give them your passport for 5 working days if I am not wrong. For obtaining work permit you do not have to deposit the passport. You are free to travel.
    You also need to produce a rental copy for an apartment in Shenzhen and do a local police station registration. You need to carry the registration letter you did with local police station all the time. China is strict with this rule since Olympics happend in Beijing.
    Thanks subbu.arun. So which document/card/permit specifically will I actually need for re-entering China if I leave?

Quote Originally Posted by choicemountain:
    So which document/card/permit specifically will I actually need for re-entering China if I leave?
    A work visa?

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    A work visa?
    But if I've already entered using the single-entry Z-visa (work visa), I'll need something else in order to re-enter, no?