Like Tree8Likes

China Visa Woes

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dandanboy:
    Another travel agency, we will try the closest CTS in Sheung Shui tomorrow once we get our documents back from the travel agent in Kowloon Bay.
    Visa fees (Hong Kong dollars in cash only)

better at the government visa issuing office in wan chai than cts
    jimbo likes this.

Agree it maybe better to apply direct at the China visa office. Take a copy of your passport, HKID card, cruise booking, hotel bookings if any.

Complete the 2013 application form
    New Visa Application Form Adopted

imparanoic and Elegiaque like this.

Asked my wife how long we are in Xiamen for and she said 8 hours! 7am-3pm. Surely we fall under the 24hr visa free transit?. Every website I check has conflicting info, 24hr, 72hr, 144hr so many different regions and rules and it appears China is in the midst of updating visa requirements.

Asked my wife how long we are in Xiamen for and she said 8 hours! 7am-3pm. Surely we fall under the 24hr visa free transit?. Every website I check has conflicting info, 24hr, 72hr, 144hr so many different regions and rules and it appears China is in the midst of updating visa requirements.
    Can't you just stay on the ship? Lock yourself in your cabin.

Asked my wife how long we are in Xiamen for and she said 8 hours! 7am-3pm. Surely we fall under the 24hr visa free transit?
    Transit visa are ONLY for air travel. Make use of the 3 day VOA.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    Can't you just stay on the ship?
    Sure you can do that, in fact most people will stay on board.

One of my staff recently re-applied for a business visa to China, in the past it was very straight forward as our company uses Swire, travel agency, recent application required Business registration of the company he was visiting and invitation letter. Seems things are tightening up.

Definitely tightening up.
    TripAdvisor forums the other day even reported that Australians are being turned down for the Shenzhen 5 day VoA.

In my experience (albeit different from your situation), getting a China visa with a US passport was indeed a pain through the Wan Chai China visa office. If you're willing to pay to go through CTS, they will have you sorted in no time, and it's very straight forward. (Alternative agent: China visa).
    If you want to save some money and are willing to continue jumping through some hoops, then go to the Wan Chai office and apply for a visa and keep it very simple and say only that you're going to Shenzhen Luohu shopping centre w/NZ passport. Don't bother telling them (direct China visa office in WC) the truth, as that'll only be to your disadvantage. But CTS you can tell the full story to -- they won't care, because you're paying for them to just do it and they do it.

*Update* Went to CTS in Sheung Shui this morning and explained the situation.......no dice. They straight away said the chances of them getting it sorted were slim as they were only acting agents and told us to go to the Wan Chai Visa Office. Jumped on to the MTR and headed for Wan Chai. On the way I jumped on their website and noticed they shutdown from 12-2pm, was starving anyway and grabbed some lunch.
    Waited in line from 1.30 and it started to build up. Got in at 2 and was out before 3. Only had to photocopy a couple of things (they have two copiers, one at either end). Lady behind counter double checked we had everything and told us the Visas would be ready to pick up on Friday.
    Was pretty easy and cheap, just make sure you have all your documents and two copies of everything to be safe.

imparanoic and Drunken Master like this.

*Update* Went to CTS in Sheung Shui this morning and explained the situation.......no dice. They straight away said the chances of them getting it sorted were slim as they were only acting agents and told us to go to the Wan Chai Visa Office. Jumped on to the MTR and headed for Wan Chai. On the way I jumped on their website and noticed they shutdown from 12-2pm, was starving anyway and grabbed some lunch.
    Waited in line from 1.30 and it started to build up. Got in at 2 and was out before 3. Only had to photocopy a couple of things (they have two copiers, one at either end). Lady behind counter double checked we had everything and told us the Visas would be ready to pick up on Friday.
    Was pretty easy and cheap, just make sure you have all your documents and two copies of everything to be safe.
    Your lucky sheung shui branch of CTS was Frank and honest about the visa option cos the sheung wan head branch told me lies about the visa when I whereby l went there during the Olympic year of 2008 which wasted my time and money