Work Visa----- 10 weeks no news update

Closed Thread

Work Visa----- 10 weeks no news update

Hi all, I am new here. I want to ask for help for my work Visa.

My company has transferred me from Mainland China to Hong kong as a local hire
    It's 10 weeks since all materials have been submitted to HKID. on the end of October, the immigration ask for more information for my work Visa, and the HR in Hong kong already help me deliver it. Also the vendor has help me ask the Immigration department 3 times for the date when will be approved, the answers always not sure.

I am so worried about it. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jing12345:
    Can anyone give me some suggestions?
    Wait.

Nothing more you can do.

Expect to hear back from them every 4 weeks till it gets approved.

Bottom line - Your salary, experience, ability for a local to fill that position (any proof that a permanent resident / dependant cannot fill that position), nationality and several other things come into play.

Also, not sure if you're implying that you're from the PRC ("transferred me from Mainland China to HK"). No clue how easy / difficult it is and if that queue is different from the normal GEP visa.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Depends on a number of variables.

It takes 4-6 weeks for a straightforward application. (This can be done quicker in some cases.) When extra documentation is required, the general thought is that the 'clock' on the application is reset to another 4-6 weeks.

Is there anything less than straightforward with the application?

I've processed two of these Admission Scheme for Mainland Talents and Professionals (ASMPT) visas and they took longer and had much more stringent paperwork requests.

General Employment Policy (GEP) visas are much easier to process.

You will have to play the waiting game I'm afraid.

Yes, maybe you are right. The only thing I can do is waiting. Thank you

Yes, I am from PRC. The company has affiliates in Mainland and Hong Kong.

oh...I am afraid I will become more impatient. Anyway, thank you so much for your information.