Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 100LL

Confused

Closed Thread

Confused

Hello everyone is there anyone who can help me to explain what should i do for this matter it goes like this.
    I terminated my contract to my previous employer and then after my 14 days of stay ends i exit in China then immigration gave another visa to stay. After 2 weeks still I can't find employer so i decided to exit Macau only for u-turn. While going back here in HK i was surprised because immigration gave complete journey visa which is employment visa instead of tourist visa.
    The question is why does it happen? What does it mean? Am i going to used it?
    Thanks in advance

I am not sure if I am exactly following, but it sounds as if you are a donestic helper and expected to get a 14 days visitor visa but you got the employment visa again (which allows you to stay much longer than 14 days).

If this is true, I assume the immigration officer at the counter simply didn't know you terminated your employment and hence he made a mistake.

I guess you could approach the immigration department and ask if they indeed made a mistake to get it "fixed"

I'd also use this time wisely, as this may just allow you a little longer to look for a new employer until this is sorted out.

I'd also find other helpers or agencies who know what happened with other helpers where a wrong endosement was issued and which was consequently "abused" by the helper to stay longer.... or again, ask the ID if you dare.

I really don't know the technicality/legality but if you don't want to lose your chance to work in HK (ie. If you don't want to get banned), tread carefully. Doing visa runs to China and Macau alone might already get you in trouble, and if the immigration department makes trouble I guess they would blame you ("you did't tell them on your re-entry that you are not employed anymore). You will have to bear the consequences, not the immigration officers...

chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhubies:
    The question is why does it happen?
    It happens when the immigration assistant looks at the wrong stamp in your passport and gives you a visa based on an outdated visa stamp rather than the most current visa stamp. You had better go the the immigration department to clear up any misunderstanding.

You are assuming DH. If not DH if normal employment visa they may not know the visa lasts for the length of the visa not the employment. You cannot work for a different company but you can live legally in HK

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    You are assuming DH.
    Its only DH that has to leave once a contract is terminated within 14 days, regular Normal employment visa people can stay until the visa expires. I assume that she knows this and that is why she did the two different visa runs to get another 14 days each to find a new employer and some how the HK Immigration officer when entering from Macau visa run made a boo boo LOL

Like what 100LL said, its best to get it sorted out with Immigration dept or she could face being banned when she leaves HK the next time or get into trouble, they will not blame the Immigration guy but the helper.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    I assume that she knows this
    I don't, because we have had a lot of people come on this forum asking this exact question. It's not common knowledge. You are probably right, but just in case, I wanted to ensure that someone on a normal employment visa knows they don't have to leave.