Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shafiq

Visa for Parents

Closed Thread

Visa for Parents

hi everyone
    I need to know about Visit Visa.
    my wife is hk permanent resident as she born here and I am her dependent ,it`s my 1st year here.
    I would like to apply visit visa for my mother.
    I have 2 questions to ask

Q1: my wife will be the sponsor for her?
    Q.2: what are the things needed to apply for visit visa for my mother?

i`m new here but I`m getting lot of information from you guys... thankyou all
    kindly,respond to my these 2 questions.

Quote Originally Posted by javi:
    hi everyone
    I need to know about Visit Visa.
    my wife is hk permanent resident as she born here and I am her dependent ,it`s my 1st year here.
    I would like to apply visit visa for my mother.
    I have 2 questions to ask

Q1: my wife will be the sponsor for her?
    Q.2: what are the things needed to apply for visit visa for my mother?

i`m new here but I`m getting lot of information from you guys... thankyou all
    kindly,respond to my these 2 questions.
    You can apply for 1 month visit visa and approval depends. Which passport fo you/your mother hold? Your wife can be her sponsor/guarantor. You need the relationship proofs, sufficient evidence of funds, an itinerary/tickets if possible, place to stay. Immigration may request for affidavits ftom local consulate if they are not satisfied with the documents you gave`em.
    shri likes this.

Hi,

I need to know if we can apply for visit visa for a person who is not a relative. I will be applying for visit visa for my mother but along with her I want to apply visa for another person who stays with my mother. Basically that person is also like a family member but does not have any blood relation with us.

Both of them hold Indian passport and I want them to visit me here in HK for three months. I know applying visa for family visit for my mother shouldn't be a problem but for the girl who stays with my mother I don't know what relation shall put in the visa form? Can I show her as a caretaker of my mother or can i also put her as a cousin?

Has anyone applied for visit visa for a non family member before? What relationship do you show in the visa form in such a case?

Thanks.

Non relatives are allowed to visit Hong Kong too! Just say what she is - family friend or companion to my mother etc.

Thanks a lot Katherine for your response.