Like Tree38Likes

Qatar refused boarding

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Skierx:
    Are Pakistani passport holders allowed to enter HK visa free?

My passport allows visa free entry and I am always asked to produce my ID card in addition to my passport when traveling and I never understood why, anytime I ask I get the usual response that its company policy.
    "All nationals (except holders of Diplomatic and Official passports) are required to hold a valid visa for the HKSAR for whatever purpose (including those who are in transit and remain on the airside)."

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    "All nationals (except holders of Diplomatic and Official passports) are required to hold a valid visa for the HKSAR for whatever purpose (including those who are in transit and remain on the airside)."
    ....and diplomats only get 14 days visa free. Damn, thats stingy!

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Maybe my question was poorly worded, what I was trying to say was that when I arrive in HK my passport allows me to get a tourist visa stamp that says I can remain in HK for X number of days, I do not need to submit an application in advance of my arrival to the HK government for visa approval. Are Pakistani passport holders also afforded this right? and if so why would an airline be concerned with the status of an individuals ID card?

Maybe my question was poorly worded, what I was trying to say was that when I arrive in HK my passport allows me to get a tourist visa stamp that says I can remain in HK for X number of days, I do not need to submit an application in advance of my arrival to the HK government for visa approval. Are Pakistani passport holders also afforded this right?
    If normal Pakistani passport === no
    If diplomatic one == 14 days.
    Skierx likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Maybe my question was poorly worded, what I was trying to say was that when I arrive in HK my passport allows me to get a tourist visa stamp that says I can remain in HK for X number of days, I do not need to submit an application in advance of my arrival to the HK government for visa approval. Are Pakistani passport holders also afforded this right? and if so why would an airline be concerned with the status of an individuals ID card?
    Your question wasn't poorly worded; I understood it. I thought my response was unambiguous.

If you had no return ticket then yes they would.

Exclamation Agree

I agree with BDW on this list. It sounds like the dates have really expired. Your relatIves can't see that??? It has to be right there. Plus I can't believe you also want upgrades from the airline too? My GOD. How cheap. When the airline has done nothing wrong. Why don't you also ask for them to carry your relatives to the plane too. Greed.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennBond:
    I agree with BDW on this list. It sounds like the dates have really expired. Your relatIves can't see that??? It has to be right there. Plus I can't believe you also want upgrades from the airline too? My GOD. How cheap. When the airline has done nothing wrong. Why don't you also ask for them to carry your relatives to the plane too. Greed.

Quite cheap and much greed too!

Sadly, you are not in that situation and I would see what will you be demanding from the airline. Round the world Tickets, I assume!

Of course, the date, which let me clarify was a collection date for their new ID cards and although it does say "This from will cease to be valid for IDENTITYFACTION PURPOSE after 23-01-2017". What do you use for Identification purposes when travelling? Passport, isn't it?

The airline refused boarding even after seeing that they are Hong Kong residents (which was stated clearly on the piece of paper regardless of expiration date)

Quote Originally Posted by GlennBond:
    Why don't you also ask for them to carry your relatives to the plane too. Greed.
    Not a bad idea, let me ask them that too!

Given ID cards are required to be carried at all times in Hong Kong, I'm still struggling with how BOTH of your relatives managed to lose something that should have been in their purse. I feel we are missing something here.

Ask for Chan just that he is he manager and a can do guy, not Mr. just Chan as he explained to me. 28689833