Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By HK_Katherine

HKID/dependant visa for spouse working abroad

Closed Thread

Question HKID/dependant visa for spouse working abroad

Hi
    Are there any issues with getting a dependant visa (& subsequently HKID card) for my spouse, who works abroad full-time?

The reason for it is that an HKID is required for her insurance under my employer. Being able to use the immigration e-channel would also be a great benefit.

She plans to relocate to HKG future.

Thanks in advance for any advice given!

Does she have insurance where she's living now? If that's the main reason, then yeah, you can try, but bare in mind, she will need to come to HK to attend the immigration department to process the visa if its granted later.

Quote Originally Posted by big_panda:
    Does she have insurance where she's living now? If that's the main reason, then yeah, you can try, but bare in mind, she will need to come to HK to attend the immigration department to process the visa if its granted later.
    Can I collect the visa stamp from the Immigration department on her behalf for her next visit to HK?

Original Post Deleted
    This is my understanding too. There are time limits re first entry and also getting an ID card, but none that you must live here.

I have two members of my staff, both of whom actually live overseas, who have HK visas so they can legally work when they come to HK to visit the office. Neither is actually resident here and it's never been an issue.

Thanks everyone for your helpful input

I was curious because the form asks about "Proposed date of entry" and "Proposed duration of stay in Hong Kong for Residence", since she won't be residing, just visiting (for the near future)

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    This is my understanding too. There are time limits re first entry and also getting an ID card, but none that you must live here.

I have two members of my staff, both of whom actually live overseas, who have HK visas so they can legally work when they come to HK to visit the office. Neither is actually resident here and it's never been an issue.
    Hello-please_check_your_PM_Thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by DRV2013:
    Hello-please_check_your_PM_Thankyou
    As replied in my PM, please don't send PM's for issues that should be in the forum. It's rude and it does not help anyone else who may have the same question. Hence I will not reply to PM's of this nature.
    Claire ex-ax and New2hkg like this.