Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By chuckster007
  • 1 Post By emx

Needing advise - activate the visa before it expire

Closed Thread

Needing advise - activate the visa before it expire

Hi,

Background info: We were supposed to move to HK last early Jan 2017, but due to some complications at work, we were forced to reschedule our move by June, of which time, my son's school year would have finished. My company applied for our visa's (employment + dependents) and will expire by the end of this month.

I mentioned that we can go to HK to activate the visa then return to Jakarta (where we are staying) then go back to HK in between before settling in June. My company though (based in US) is freaking out and is insisting that we move permanently now.

Does anyone find any issues if we go to HK, activate the visa then return back? Additionally, I am scheduled to go in & out of HK for the next couple of months (work related) until we are ready to move permanently.

Thank you very much in advance for whatever insights you can share.

Quote Originally Posted by DRV2013:
    Does anyone find any issues if we go to HK, activate the visa then return back? Additionally, I am scheduled to go in & out of HK for the next couple of months (work related) until we are ready to move permanently.
    No issue at all, might give u sometime to look around for the perfect apartment to move into when u do permanently move over in June.
    DRV2013 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DRV2013:
    My company applied for our visa's (employment + dependents) and will expire by the end of this month.
    So unless you activate the visa's before start of March (10 days away), your company will have to apply for them again.
    DRV2013 likes this.

If this will be the road to be taken (to re-apply), will it have any bearing (us not being able to activate the visa) when re-applying? Our HR seems to think so - that we run the risk of not being able to get new visa

Just fly up and activate. Much easier.