Like Tree11Likes

Proof for my PR application

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

HK_Katherine is right and that website has definitely changed in the last year and the requirements stated on it have been relaxed a little. I did mine a year or so ago and was a super piss easy process, but the website did used to list more supporting documents required. I printed out 7 years worth of tax returns from memory. But in reality they didnt use it, I rocked up to the immigration tower, had a 30 second interview through a glass window, and they said congrats you are a PR. They didnt use all the evidence their website previously said they needed. It's good to see they have updated their website sometime in the last year.

HK_Katherine likes this.

I applied for mine in January and it definitely clearly stated that you needed to provide supporting documents such as rental contracts, tax assessments etc. If they've changed the rules it must have been quite recently.

I provided all the supporting documents requested with my application - I was missing a rental contract and tax assesssment from my firt year (I initially did paper returns) but had a letter from my employer. My application was approved within about 5 days of Immigration receiving the application.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    HK_Katherine is right and that website has definitely changed in the last year and the requirements stated on it have been relaxed a little. I did mine a year or so ago and was a super piss easy process, but the website did used to list more supporting documents required. I printed out 7 years worth of tax returns from memory. But in reality they didnt use it, I rocked up to the immigration tower, had a 30 second interview through a glass window, and they said congrats you are a PR. They didnt use all the evidence their website previously said they needed. It's good to see they have updated their website sometime in the last year.
    Thanks for confirming. I was starting to think I was going mad. I have a colleague who has been putting off applying for years on the basis it was too much hard work - I might let him know things have go easier. Should be the nudge he needs!

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    I applied for mine in January and it definitely clearly stated that you needed to provide supporting documents such as rental contracts, tax assessments etc. If they've changed the rules it must have been quite recently.

I provided all the supporting documents requested with my application - I was missing a rental contract and tax assesssment from my firt year (I initially did paper returns) but had a letter from my employer. My application was approved within about 5 days of Immigration receiving the application.
    Did you use the online system? Sure it states that in the paper application, but if you go modern and do it online all they require is your passport/travel document and ID. Saves so much hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Did you use the online system? Sure it states that in the paper application, but if you go modern and do it online all they require is your passport/travel document and ID. Saves so much hassle.
    I used the online system over a year ago. At that time, I scanned by 7 years tax returned into PDF and uploaded them. For my kids who have also been here 7 years, I uploaded the last 7 years school reports. The procedure has definitely been streamlined in the last 12 months, they used to ask for more, whether you used the online system or not.

Maybe they updated the online system prior to updating the form. I didn't realise it could be done online - I think I just googled "apply for HK PR" and it took me to the page with the forms.

One annoying thing online is they accept only JPEG or TIF formats so no PDF!

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    I used the online system over a year ago. At that time, I scanned by 7 years tax returned into PDF and uploaded them. For my kids who have also been here 7 years, I uploaded the last 7 years school reports. The procedure has definitely been streamlined in the last 12 months, they used to ask for more, whether you used the online system or not.
    Did mine 5 years ago and was just ID card and passport copy. No issues at all.

Guys, I submitted mine about 6 weeks ago and it is in progress. I'm in no hurry but I'm flying to the UK this Tuesday for a month. Is that an issue?

I've emailed them to let them know, but no reply, and phone lines are busy

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Guys, I submitted mine about 6 weeks ago and it is in progress. I'm in no hurry but I'm flying to the UK this Tuesday for a month. Is that an issue?

I've emailed them to let them know, but no reply, and phone lines are busy
    Flying off AFTER you applied is not an issue (unless your current visa is expiring).