Like Tree34Likes

HK spouse Dependent visa

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

In most cases, you will not need a lawyer cause the immigration simply wants to see your documents unless they are being so picky and need you to explain sth from the docs you provided.

Quote Originally Posted by shrutigunn1990:
    Thnx for d reply..... If I want ma dependent visa early..... Can I hire a lawyer for dat. Is it beneficial.....

Hey thanx for reply.... How long will the procedure will take for dependent visa once my husband got the ROA....

Hey thanx for reply.... How long will the procedure will take for dependent visa once my husband got the ROA....
    4-6 weeks is for normal applications.

Normal is for Western Passport holders, earning good Salary (way over 20K a month), no debt

Un-Normal is South Asian or Philippines or what the HK Immigration dept deems Countries where fake marriages happen, earning low salary 10-15K, holding debt etc etc these applications can take months.

Again dont waste money on a lawyer as it wont help much.
    Fiona in HKG and shri like this.

Is the presence of the dependent is required if you are applying for a dependent visa.... Will b the procedure would b quicker if the dependent would b there......actually I dnt want to live widout ma husband I love him olot it's more den 4 months already widout him....

Is the presence of the dependent is required if you are applying for a dependent visa.... Will b the procedure would b quicker if the dependent would b there......actually I dnt want to live widout ma husband I love him olot it's more den 4 months already widout him....
    Your presence wont affect the process nor the outcome. It will take weeks to months before you get the visa. So be patient.
    shrutigunn1990 likes this.

Hmmm k.....we both have Indian passports...... He is earning is 15k month..... He is living wid his parents over there...

Hmmm k.....we both have Indian passports...... He is earning is 15k month..... He is living wid his parents over there...
    He is getting ROA, salary on the borderline, not sure about savings and newly married. He might have to support he application with extensive document proofs. If he does provide all documents and wait, visa will be approved.

Wat kind of extensive documents proof..... Ya he has saving of around 50k.......and yes he had applied for ROA he has Recieved an application for meeting the immigration officer on 23of dis month only.... I dnt knw how long is the procedure..... The Immigration people takes a lot of time.....

Wat kind of extensive documents proof..... Ya he has saving of around 50k.......and yes he had applied for ROA he has Recieved an application for meeting the immigration officer on 23of dis month only.... I dnt knw how long is the procedure..... The Immigration people takes a lot of time.....
    He has to get his ROA first. Without ROA he wont be able to get his dependents to come to HK. So its gonna be a long wait.

The immigration normally asks to submit chat transcripts between you and your husband on the months preceding marriage. History about how you both got introduced, photo proof etc.

50 k saving might also be a concern. It will be better if he gets supporting letter from his parents, mentioning they would support him financially when needed.
    shri likes this.

Hmm.... Thanx for the advice will let u knw wat will happen.... He has an appointment on 23rd of this month with the immigration officer regarding ROA.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast