Like Tree34Likes

HK spouse Dependent visa

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Can any one suggest me here! Immigration said i will be receiving acknowledgment letter after 2 weeks of application submission but there is no result from immigration. Its 3rd week now.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    4-6 weeks is for normal applications.

Normal is for Western Passport holders, earning good Salary (way over 20K a month), no debt

Un-Normal is South Asian or Philippines or what the HK Immigration dept deems Countries where fake marriages happen, earning low salary 10-15K, holding debt etc etc these applications can take months.

Again dont waste money on a lawyer as it wont help much.
    im applying the dependant visa for my husband and his nationality is Iran, he is now studying at university in thailand, my monthly salary is over 20k, no debt and i have money in my 2 saving accounts, we are just worried if his nationality will cause any problem for our application, and we have been searching a lot but seems no one talks about Iranian nationality. Looking forward to hear some response and advices, thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by Cpl123:
    im applying the dependant visa for my husband and his nationality is Iran, he is now studying at university in thailand, my monthly salary is over 20k, no debt and i have money in my 2 saving accounts, we are just worried if his nationality will cause any problem for our application, and we have been searching a lot but seems no one talks about Iranian nationality. Looking forward to hear some response and advices, thanks....
    1. Applying for dependent visa, his nationality being Iranian should be of no concern with application
    2. Your salary of over 20K, No Debt plus savings will help your application GREATLY

The only MAYBE concern will probably be that his Nationality is not of the normal usual Nationality of applicants they receive so they may ask more proof that your relationship/marriage is real so they MAY ask more documents / pictures /emails etc from you to prove it.

Go ahead and send it and even though it might take longer but I reckon you will get approval.

Your husbands biggest concern will be opening bank account in HK like this poor guy .

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/geopo...g-without-bank

I already attached with a photo booklet contains our pictures and i also provide immD our whatsapp conversation as well. this process is killing us while waiting...hope we will get the dependant visa soon!!

I already attached with a photo booklet contains our pictures and i also provide immD our whatsapp conversation as well. this process is killing us while waiting...hope we will get the dependant visa soon!!
    The process in HK is simple and while it may take a bit longer for some people, count yourself lucky you are not a UK Citizen trying to get a dependent visa for their husband/wife, it costs nearly 30000 HK$ where as in HK its only less than HK$200, after the 30K the application can still be REJECTED

Patience is all you need.
    Cpl123, shri and Fiona in HKG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    The process in HK is simple and while it may take a bit longer for some people, count yourself lucky you are not a UK Citizen trying to get a dependent visa for their husband/wife, it costs nearly 30000 HK$ where as in HK its only less than HK$200, after the 30K the application can still be REJECTED

Patience is all you need.
    Australia is AUD$6865 (HK38k) for temporary partner visa, and the wait period can be years to be approved and it still can get rejected and the government keeps the money (to cover its costs).

To get two parents into Australia, is it AUD$110k / HKD$577k... My wife paid for her parents to come over and AUD$10k bond per parent to cover extra hospital costs, etc which you get back after ten years. If you want to go the cheaper route, the wait time for parents > 10 years.

we have been dating for 8 months and we got married during end of May in Thailand and we submitted our application on June 10, would fresh marriage a problem or not???

we have been dating for 8 months and we got married during end of May in Thailand and we submitted our application on June 10, would fresh marriage a problem or not???

would fresh marriage a problem or not???
    Er no one can really answer that but as long as you can prove that this marriage is REAL and not some sort of FAKE or marriage of Convenience then you should be fine BUT dont expect your application to be a fast one.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6