Impact on dependent Visa when Sponsor get Hong Kong permanent residence (PR)

Impact on dependent Visa when Sponsor get Hong Kong permanent residence (PR)

Dear Friends,

Currently I'm having working Visa and my wife & 2 kids are living with me on dependent visa.
    My PR application got approved by immigration deptt, and now need to go to Immigration office for document verification and PR card application submission.

Can you please suggest that whether my family dependent visa would be cancelled once I will get HK PR because my work visa would also cancelled ? Will I need to get their dependent visa apply again due to my status change to PR ?

My wife is also eligible to become PR as she also completed 7 years. Shall I apply her PR first before changing my Visa status or shall I go ahead to get my PR and their dependent visa would not get impacted ?

Pls help suggest the right way to proceed.

Thanks
    Rahul

They still remain your dependents - no change there. Get your PR sorted.

If the Mrs is eligible, start her application anyways. The kids will still remain your dependents.

If both you and the wife have been here for 7 years, have the kids also been here 7 years? Or were they born in HK after you arrived? In both cases they will also be eligible for PR now.

A random question and perhaps has been answered before(maybe).... does immd track PRs who are not residing for x days in HK? What happens if you do?

Quote Originally Posted by ajohnso2:
    does immd track PRs who are not residing for x days in HK? What happens if you do?
    If you are a non-Chinese PR you will lose your PR if you have left HK for more than 3 years. Coming back once every 3 years is enough to prevent that. You will then get RTL (Right to land) which will also allow you to come and go and work as you please. But it is not PR, so no voting, you can get deported and you will have to pay additional stamp duty when buying a property. And yes, ImmD will track that. It's easy, every time you leave there will be a record in the computer.