Like Tree24Likes

work and dependent visa

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

work and dependent visa

hello

i previously applied for working visa but got denied due to lack of skill a couple of years ago

i recently got married to my gf in hk who is a PR of HK and planning to apply for the dependent visa, i have a Canadian passport.

i was wondering since i got rejected previously will it effect my case this time around if i apply for the dependent visa?

If she has enough money or earns enough to support you then it should not be an issue. Assuming you can prove your relationship etc.

Canadian passport is a plus. Immd tends to look at South Asians / Africans / SE Asians with a little bit more care, due to the number of fraudulent visa related marriages / low income migrant issues.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    If she has enough money or earns enough to support you then it should not be an issue. Assuming you can prove your relationship etc.

Canadian passport is a plus. Immd tends to look at South Asians / Africans / SE Asians with a little bit more care, due to the number of fraudulent visa related marriages / low income migrant issues.
    They look at the ethnicity of the applicant regardless of his citizenship/passport. Some of our Canadian and American staff who were born in South Asian Countries or are South Asians by race were given a harder time than Caucasians.
    shri, hullexile and HK_Katherine like this.

okay thats perfect thanks for the quick reply

we have lots of pics of before and after we got married, engagement & wedding pictures, pictures with friends and family along with vacation pictures

she makes around mid 20k per month and have some savings in the bank

i also have some investments in HK but i dont think that really matters since its under my name

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    They look at the ethnicity of the applicant regardless of his citizenship/passport. Some of our Canadian and American staff who were born in South Asian Countries or are South Asians by race were given a harder time than Caucasians.
    im chinese can speak/write cantonese fluently born and raised in canada
    JaredHK likes this.

oh yea we definitely have the marriage certificate tucked away at home

yup wouldn't want to get on their bad side right off the bat, i will also be attaching the rejection letter to the application just so everything is out in the open

i want to prepare all the necessary documents all at once so they wont have to ask me to provide more documents which ends up extending the waiting time/processing time

Quote Originally Posted by azero:
    im chinese can speak/write cantonese fluently born and raised in canada
    I am quite surprised that you were rejected. Good Luck !!

Surprised about this as I'm a "dodgy ethnicity" with US/UK passports and my dependent visa was done extremely quickly.

I am quite surprised that you were rejected. Good Luck !!
    yea i think the company doing the paper work wasnt very serious and messed up the whole application process which lead to me being rejected

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Surprised about this as I'm a "dodgy ethnicity" with US/UK passports and my dependent visa was done extremely quickly.
    which ethnicity? it must of been quick based on you and your wifes financial background im assuming?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast