Hi there, really hoping someone might be able to help me out with an answer to my question!

I am looking to move to Hong Kong later this year. I have applied for the QMAS visa*, and am awaiting the results (with fingers firmly crossed - I'm in the next batch for consideration). However, I am looking into contingency plans should I not get this.

I understand that one option is the working holiday scheme, which I have been told is somewhat easier to get than the QMAS, and would enable me to enter HK on a tourist visa for 12 months. However, I had a couple of questions about this, and wondered if anyone could shed any light:

1) Does anyone know whether you are permitted to be self-employed on a working holiday visa? The work I would be doing (healthcare) would involve me setting myself up as a "business" in order to provide consultation to clinics.

2) Does anyone have a sense of whether, if I was rejected for the QMAS, it would have any bearing on whether I would be granted a working holiday visa? I realise the QMAS application outlines a request for a longer visa, so I don't know whether this would prevent me from being granted a working holiday visa (if the immigration dept have rejected my QMAS application stating that I wish to stay in HK for longer).

I'd be really grateful for any responses, thanks so much in advance!

Hannah

*I have read the other posts on this forum regarding the QMAS and the (low) likelihood of being granted this visa!