Like Tree42Likes

Help Please

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Unhappy Help Please

I am 18 years old. I was born in hongkong, i am willing to back to hong kong but i have a youth hk id card. I havnt been to hong kong for 6 years. My id card is has expired.

So my question is will I be able to exchange it for the permanent card after i am in hong kong and also would I need my parents documents or authentication to apply for the HK id card.

Are you Chinese?

Does your HK birth cert say permanent resident status established?

I am not chinese. But on my birth certificate it does say established

I know that i will be able to get the permanent id card when i getin hk. But for that would i need my parents as i am planning to go alone. I am 18 so...

Easiest is to email and ask Immigration directly: [email protected]

They are very good at responding in a timely manner.

Registration/Replacement of Hong Kong Identity Card | Immigration Department

shri likes this.

I have sent 3 emails but i havnt got a reply back

Whats the symbol on the id card below date of birth?

Morrison likes this.

RZ

Quote Originally Posted by Maryam-12:
    RZ
    R: The holder has the right to land in the HKSAR / Z: The holder’s reported place of birth is Hong Kong
    Right to LandA person who ceases to have the status of a permanent resident of the HKSAR will automatically acquire the right to land in Hong Kong in accordance with the law. He will be able to enter Hong Kong freely to live, study or work without restriction. A person may ascertain whether he has lost the status of a permanent resident of the HKSAR by applying for verification of eligibility for a permanent identity card with the Right of Abode Section of the Immigration Department for assessment of whether he has lost the permanent resident status and has the right to land in the HKSAR.
    So you should be able to get an adult HK ID Card and its will be for Right to land, after u have lived in hk for 7 years then u get can Right of Abode (permanent resident) status.
    Morrison, Maryam-12, shri and 3 others like this.

Thanks but for that would i need my parents to sign on any documents or wouls they need to be there in person for me to get it.

Like i said i am wanting to go alone, but dont know if hk immigration will give it to me without my parents

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast