Leaving for business trip having an Active Visa and coming back when the Visa will be expired. And in the meantime the renovation Visa process is on-going. Do I have to expect any problems ?

Closed Thread

Leaving for business trip having an Active Visa and coming back when the Visa will be expired. And in the meantime the renovation Visa process is on-going. Do I have to expect any problems ?

My employment visa will expire the 14 of July.
    the 15 of June I already submitted the document for a renewal but they still didn't call me.
    I need to leave for a business trip the 7th of July and I will be back the 17th of July.
    So basically I'm leaving with my Visa still active and I will come back with the Visa already expired.

Will this impact my upcoming (in 1 year) permanent residency visa ?
    Will this impact in some way to my current visa renovation?

Please help me !

Thanks

You are leaving today. Not sure, if any advice would be helpful.

You should apply for interim extension of stay. Can be done in a day. Better have a visa, rather than coming back as visitor.

Follow this: http://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/...ml#non&lastTab

Will it affect your PR time. In today's policy, unlikely but you will probably have to write an explanation letter. There have been others who said it wasn't a problem. But at the end of the day, only you can look out for yourself and no one else is there to help when s hits the fan.

I would come back before the visa expires, cut the business trip short and wait for immigration to finalise the extension. It's your last extension and I don't see why 2-3 days extra on a business trip is worth potential headaches. Come back get the renewal visa then fly back out again.

Not a big deal to be honest.

My friend was in the same position last year summer when he was switching employers. He exited HK whilst working visa was still valid but this expired during his business trip. He re-entered HK as a tourist and when he quickly explained the situation to immigration it was no problem, they just mentioned he was 'officially' not allowed to work till new working visa was processed. He received his pr in spite of having been on a tourist visa a couple months a few weeks ago.

I like the idea to apply fo interim extension of stay so I postpone the trip to Monday 10th night.
    Said so the extension of stay can be applied when the visa is already expired but my visa will expire the 14th.

Will they allow the extension of stay ?