Like Tree10Likes

Kid born in HK with Non-Chinese Parents, kid holding Foriegn passport, OK to leave HK and come back from Holiday??

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kid born in HK with Non-Chinese Parents, kid holding Foriegn passport, OK to leave HK and come back from Holiday??

OK not sure how to explain this but there must be some parents here that have this situation and would like to know on behalf of a mate how/what did they do so here is my mates situation:

Info
    1. Dad born in HK (Non Chinese), has HK right of abode ID but no stars, hold British Passport
    2. Wife is Foreign national and on dependent visa of husband
    3. 2 Kids both born in HK, couldnt get British passport due to Dads passport is issued by decent so kids took up wife's Nationality and passport issued
    4. Whole family going on holiday mid August
    5. Wife and kids will return to HK 1st
    6. Dad will follow 2 days later

As the kids dont hold any HK ID as they are under 11 and the Foreign passports that they hold has no HK visa inside it as the kids are born in HK, when they leave HK the parents will take the kids HK Birth certificate to show HK Immigration at departure so this should be no problem.

Will the kids be allowed back in as the wife will bring the two kids back earlier than the dad, is there some special document from Immigration that is required for the kids to enter back into HK?? anyone know or been through this. How long will it take if any document from Immigration is required.

What The Brit says. My <11 yr old kids have their dependent visas in their own passports.

Yes the children are certainly eligible for dependent visas, amazed you weren't aware and this has never come up! Can't remember how long it takes but we got it done as soon as our child (born in HK to parent on a work visa) received her foreign passport.

Actually the children DO NOT NEED dependent Visa's because they are entitled to permanent residence in HK if they were born in HK and one of their parents is a non-chinese permanent resident. In this case, the PR is only valid until the kids are 21 years of age, and thereafter they will need to apply on their own (eg stay 7 years in HK).

To answer the question, the kids can get a sticker in their passport that says something to this effect since they cannot get HKID until they are 11 years old. My 8 year old daughter has this sticker. My son got the permanent residence when he was 10 years old and immigration advised me not to bother with the sticker just for one year and just show a piece of paper instead. Immigration helpfully avoided me from paying some admin fee as DeletedUser says for this sticker and just had to carry around an A4 piece of paper for a year instead. I can't remember how much the sticker is but i don't think it was $680. Was less than that from memory.

chuckster007 likes this.

OK I remember now. What you need is to fill out form ID683 "Application for an Endorsement to a Travel Document (For children under 11 years of age only)" and the fee is only $200 per kid

Application for an Endorsement to a Travel Document (For children under 11 years of age only) | Immigration Department

GRRR likes this.

Child born to HK PR in Hong Kong has RoA up to 21 years of age. You can apply to have an endorsement on the child's passport. Otherwise the HK birth certificate indicates this status, may be he can also exit and enter HK by showing the birth certificate.

Apjace likes this.

Edit: was half way replying then stopped, now see so many replies.

Original Post Deleted
    Yes agree with this. As long as the british father was a HKPR at time of kids birth then kids will have HKPR too until 21 years of age and just need to fill out the form above to get the sticker in their passport which is good until they can get HKID at 11 years old.

Since first post mentions father was born in HK, I assume he's had PR for a long time and probably at time of kids birth. So most likely assumption this is the case and kids are also PR.
    shri likes this.

Since first post mentions father was born in HK, I assume he's had PR for a long time and probably at time of kids birth. So most likely assumption this is the case and kids are also PR.
    This is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    OK I remember now. What you need is to fill out form ID683 "Application for an Endorsement to a Travel Document (For children under 11 years of age only)" and the fee is only $200 per kid

Application for an Endorsement to a Travel Document (For children under 11 years of age only) | Immigration Department
    do u remember how long it takes to get the sticker in the passport, they are flying off in Mid August.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast