Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MandM!
  • 1 Post By MandM!
  • 1 Post By chuckster007

Changing employer in probation

Closed Thread

Changing employer in probation

I have worked for software company as a software engineer for one year and three months. And quite in february in this year. 5th of July I started a new job and i am currently working there. It is very difficult to work with my manager, so if I quite this job, what happened to my visa,
    and can i get another job offer.?
    will it be a problem to get another visa for mr. Because i quite my job very early

Just to be clear, you are on a normal Employment Visa? (Rather surprised if so since I wasn't aware that there was a shortage of (presumably junior) software engineers here.)

Yes i am on a normal employment visa.

Should not be a problem. However, you still have to undergo the same screening with the new Employer and position. I'm not sure what immigration considers as quitting the job too frequently, but being 1 year at one job is plenty. I wouldn't change jobs every 2-3 months though, just a pain in the butt.

Your current visa is valid to reside in Hong Kong ONLY until the expiration date written on the visa. Any employment needs to be pre-approved first by immigration.

Kani likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Should not be a problem. However, you still have to undergo the same screening with the new Employer and position. I'm not sure what immigration considers as quitting the job too frequently, but being 1 year at one job is plenty. I wouldn't change jobs every 2-3 months though, just a pain in the butt.

Your current visa is valid to reside in Hong Kong ONLY until the expiration date written on the visa. Any employment needs to be pre-approved first by immigration.
    Thank you MandM!
    i think it will be a problem, because just passed one month in my new job.

Not really a problem. If you do it every month a few times then maybe. But really I don't think there is a written rule against it anyway.

Kani likes this.

1. your current employment where you hate the manager, you got a NEW work visa?
    2. If you find a new job then you need to get a NEW work visa
    3. As long as you meet the Immigration requirements then you can get a NEW work visa even if you are changing to a 3rd job in 2 years

Kani likes this.

Original Post Deleted

Php and node js with 8 years in experience.