Like Tree84Likes

Why am I getting stopped at the border to Shenzhen so often?

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    Why don't people bring two phones, one a dummy to give the customs people and the real one. Not sure if their process has the option for them to ask if you have a second phone. If they don't ask, you don't have to volunteer that info.
    You think they will search just though your phone and not your bags and belongings?
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    You think they will search just though your phone and not your bags and belongings?
    If they find the second phone, that is not an offense to have a second phone. They ask for a phone, you gave them a phone. They never asked for a second phone. For iPhone owners, this makes sense to carry a second phone since it can only hold one SIM card. Why make it easy for these people to violate your personal space?

Why make it easy for these people to violate your personal space?
    Bwwahahaahahaaaahaaaa it seems you havent read this whole thread properly, Even US / Australia (1st world countries) will ask you to show your phone to them, if they find you hiding another phone, what do you think will happen to you lol

Good luck going through borders.

Why don't people bring two phones, one a dummy to give the customs people and the real one. Not sure if their process has the option for them to ask if you have a second phone. If they don't ask, you don't have to volunteer that info.
    I have heard of people getting away with that, but better to just have a separate phone, its just not worth it.

If they find the second phone, that is not an offense to have a second phone. They ask for a phone, you gave them a phone. They never asked for a second phone. For iPhone owners, this makes sense to carry a second phone since it can only hold one SIM card. Why make it easy for these people to violate your personal space?
    Border controls will actually ask you to log in to your social media accounts, doesn't matter if its an empty phone.

Border controls will actually ask you to log in to your social media accounts, doesn't matter if its an empty phone.
    What if you can't remember the passwords? I certainly can't remember all of mine since they are automatically logged on all the time.

Waterboarding until you remember?
    bak875 likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Thats normally to another email address, which again I don't remember the password. Its actually hard to remember all these passwords (especially if they are good, safe ones), if you don't have to log in every time.

I mean I do have the passwords somewhere so im not totally screwed, but I wouldn't remember them off the top of my head

If you have just a China phone with Wechat not much to see for them. You are not required by law to bring your HK phone. Many people have 2 phones, or more.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Bwwahahaahahaaaahaaaa it seems you havent read this whole thread properly, Even US / Australia (1st world countries) will ask you to show your phone to them, if they find you hiding another phone, what do you think will happen to you lol

Good luck going through borders.
    Had an officer ask me to show him my phone last year while returning home (edit: Canada, forgot to mention) last year with my wife (she's got a Hong Kong passport as she's a HK native).

I reported the guy and his supervisor got back to me within a week and we discussed the incident. Although I didn't know the offending officer's name, the time/description was sufficient for his supervisor to identify the guy. I don't know what happened to him, but I hope he received just a reprimanding or training and didn't lose his job. He didn't ask me any questions or anything, just a power trip.
    Last edited by Viktri; 26-08-2019 at 06:28 PM.
    chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by UK/HKboy:
    What if you can't remember the passwords? I certainly can't remember all of mine since they are automatically logged on all the time.

Waterboarding until you remember?
    Only China will ask you to login to your accounts. Not remembering your passwords will get you a trip to a re-education center. In the US the courts have established that the right to access your device at the border does not extend to remote servers. The US only asks for your account name, no passwords etc. Their own guidelines even require CBP staff to turn the phones airplane mode to limit searches to the physical device only.

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/fi...-Compliant.pdf