Like Tree84Likes

Why am I getting stopped at the border to Shenzhen so often?

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    What if you don't have any?

I'm trying to imagine what happens then... they look at your phone, they see some pictures of the protest or posts about the protests, then what? What would they do with a foreigner living in Hong Kong?
    Might be worth your time to research / read up on what has been happening in this particular case in the US, over the last 24-48 hours.

I am assuming (or hoping) at this point that they (immigration) have other data points to back them up - not just random social media posts by friends. Do keep in mind that when you apply to enter the US (and many other countries) you're asked for your social media logins / email addresses etc, before you're cleared to board a flight / given a visa.

https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2...hman-deported/

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Might be worth your time to research / read up on what has been happening in this particular case in the US, over the last 24-48 hours.

I am assuming (or hoping) at this point that they (immigration) have other data points to back them up - not just random social media posts by friends. Do keep in mind that when you apply to enter the US (and many other countries) you're asked for your social media logins / email addresses etc, before you're cleared to board a flight / given a visa.

/
    WHOA! That is harsh- they looked at his Facebook FRIENDS' posts and found something objectionable in them. So now I have to check all my FRIENDS to see if they have posted anything negative about China? For me, this is not a problem, I have something like 20-30 friends, mostly family and some coworkers. But other people have hundreds of friends, how can you police what all your friends are posting? Super depressing to see the US is going to such lengths to deport an otherwise valid visa-holding student...

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Do keep in mind that when you apply to enter the US (and many other countries) you're asked for your social media logins / email addresses etc, before you're cleared to board a flight / given a visa.
    You are only asked for the account names, not login details.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    You are only asked for the account names, not login details.
    Sorry - I meant "handles" or whatever you use to login. Not passwords for sure.
    Last edited by shri; 28-08-2019 at 08:55 AM.
    mrgoodkat likes this.

Nah, got stopped today @shenzhen Bay port for phone check. Pulled out my spare Nokia N8 which have 12MP camera & bla bla. It was funny to watch Chinese IMM how they trying to access google & etc. Symbian has no access to any HTTPS website! It was nice 20 min laughing in myself.

MABinPengChau and Mefisto like this.

Happening in Australia too.

// She told the ABC that two male Border Force officers singled her out, questioned her for half an hour, and went through photos on her phone and social media accounts. //

http://amp.abc.net.au/article/11479008

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13