Like Tree32Likes

Only five weeks left to complete 7 years

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Only five weeks left to complete 7 years

My husband's working visa will expired 5 weeks before he reach 7 years points, unluckily his company won't extend his working visa. ( I am holding the dependent visa). We applied Qmas visa still waiting the result. Any other suggestion that we can do to meet the 7 years requirement?
    I read a post here before that person apply PR 1 month before reach 7 years points, and before the visa expired go to the immd to extend the visa by waiting the PR results reason, is that possible? Many thanks!

You can apply a month before, if you have an active visa that can take you up to the 7 years mark. In your case, your husband is short 5 weeks of the 7 years.

Cant they extend for 3 months? Can he find a new job or enrol for a course?

jimbo, spode and DrWho like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq:
    You can apply a month before, if you have an active visa that can take you up to the 7 years mark. In your case, your husband is short 5 weeks of the 7 years.

He is trying to find a new job but no luck yet.
    Any course that could let him to extend his stay in hk but is not a long term course?
    Also thinking if he apply the investment visa( not the 20M investment visa), by the time when we waiting it (investment visa)process , can we extend the visa to wait for the result?

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq:

I think you can apply one month before the 7 year mark (I did), however it wasn't active until I hit the 7 year mark.

I guess one option is to explain to immigration, they may be able to grant a discretionary visitor visa or some other visa to get you over the 7 year mark.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    I guess one option is to explain to immigration, they may be able to grant a discretionary visitor visa or some other visa to get you over the 7 year mark.
    Once on a visitor visa, you wouldn't be considered ordinarily resident.

Quote Originally Posted by big_panda:
    Once on a visitor visa, you wouldn't be considered ordinarily resident.
    Doesn't have to be visitor. I would ask immigration and see what they say first.
    DrWho likes this.

I don't get why the Work visa expires 5 weeks before the 7 years.

You use to get 1/2/2/2 year visa (which I have from 2012) and now it's 1/3/3 I believe. So either one of these should be valid up to the full 7 years period shouldn't it?

shri likes this.

Time is obviously tight but if you are working as well then visa swaps are not uncommon - you ask your employer to sponsor you, get a GEP visa, hubby moves to dependant. Is that an option? Also, key question - how long is his visa still valid?

DrWho likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Yea I had considered that, I guess because I haven't changed jobs myself I assumed the visa date wouldn't change just the sponsor.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    I don't get why the Work visa expires 5 weeks before the 7 years.

You use to get 1/2/2/2 year visa (which I have from 2012) and now it's 1/3/3 I believe. So either one of these should be valid up to the full 7 years period shouldn't it?
    Passport validity also affects the validity period of the visa. So there could be that as well.
    TheBrit and DrWho like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast