Like Tree6Likes

Please help: VISA Appeal Chances

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please help: VISA Appeal Chances

Hello everyone! I got the acknowledgement letter on October 24, the immigration didn't ask for any other additional documents or information from me. I want to know if this is a bad sign for an appeal because I saw online last November 3 that my application got refused probably due to low pay package.

My employer informed me that they are trying to appeal for it and is willing to up my compensation. How likely is my chance to have my visa granted?

Info:
    -Fashion Designer
    -3 years experience
    -Salary offered 18k (will change to 22k)

Company Background:
    -Multinational British company
    -50+ employees here in HK headquarters
    -Been around for 15 years

Thanks guys

-Salary offered 18k (will change to 22k)
    Saw some guy still got rejected after his company upped his salary due to visa being rejected the 1st time so changing the pay package may not help as your being imported to be a fashion Designer with 3 years experience, there must be 1000s of locals that can do the same job so why does HK need to grant you a visa as your job is NOT special is probably why they rejected.

Your employer should have talked to the immigration officer assigned to your case as I've found them quite helpful and see what's needed then make the needed change instead of getting a refusal on your record. It's very difficult to overcome once you have a refusal on your record.

shri likes this.

Could be any of these reasons

- Pay insufficient

Additional reasons could be all of these or one...

- Search for qualified local candidate not documented
    - Experience insufficient or specific experience (say you have experience in some very particular niche which cannot be found in HK)
    - Any specific qualifications which led the company to you vs local candidates

Fiona in HKG likes this.

It seems that the immigration officer has lots of descretion good luck and don't give up

Thank you all for the replies. My employer sent the appeal last week with the additional documents. I'm just wondering if the visa status online would change too? The last time I checked, the status is still refused. Should it be changed to "in progress"? Since we already made an appeal? Please help, I'm really anxious about this.

Just give them a call, generally they’re a good natured bunch at ImmD. Better even, let your prospective employer give them a call and ask on exactly what grounds your application got rejected.

Which passport do you hold btw, that too could be a determining factor.

Good luck!

Hey thank you! I'm from Malaysia btw.

Will it be alright if I give them a call and ask the specific reason why my application got rejected even though we've already submitted the additional documents and new contract? I'm just extremely anxious that they might find me annoying.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by valksami:
    Hey thank you! I'm from Malaysia btw.

Will it be alright if I give them a call and ask the specific reason why my application got rejected even though we've already submitted the additional documents and new contract? I'm just extremely anxious that they might find me annoying.

Thanks in advance!
    Of course, just call them. Generally they are quite friendly and helpful I have found in the past. You should have the name of a case manager on your correspondence with a phone number btw.
    valksami likes this.

Of course you can call and be nice. Say something like Hong Kong is very great place. What do I need to change on application to make it better. Be nice. No yelling no complaining no comparing.

Don't look online that stuff is never updated. Been here long time and always got my new visa and never saw it reflected on the website.

Mrs. Jones and valksami like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast