Like Tree15Likes

Visa renewal for tourist

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Visa renewal for tourist

Hi there! A little backstory, met my Boyfriend (HK local) in Singapore while he was working there about 9 months ago. Did Long distance for a while and he convinced me to come over to HK.

I'm a Singapore PR, and a Thai passport holder allowed 30 days visa exempt into HK. I've gone into Macau once and back with my bf and upon returning was luckily granted another 30 days in.

So so what I want to ask is if this will work again? I've read it's very officer dependent so some insight on these Macau visa runs would be much appreciated as all threads about this are quite a few years ago.

one more thing... if Macau visa runs are too risky, is it easier for me to just fly out of the country (maybe return to Singapore for a few days) and fly back in? Would I have a better chance of not being stopped in that case?

any advice is much appreciated thanks in advance.

Also to add I've not been working in HK in any way, plus my BF has been Long term working here with a well paying job.

Previous officer from the Macau visa run asked me if I was staying in a apartment here, which I was able to provide full details on. That seemed to help. Also stated I have family in Singapore and was on a Long break after graduation in Singapore. Would this work again?

After 2-3 you'll usually get stopped and questioned more thus running the risk of being refused entry.

So be prepared for that.

Susuevans likes this.

Thanks for the reply! Would u be referring to a visa run to Macau, or flying out of the country for a few days?

Quote Originally Posted by Susuevans:
    Thanks for the reply! Would u be referring to a visa run to Macau, or flying out of the country for a few days?
    Both are risky
    JAherbert and Susuevans like this.

for your next visa run go to SZ China instead, dont just go to macau.

Flying in and out of HK your visa run chance is much higher.

If you really want to stay in HK for a longer period, you have a few options

1. Student Visa - Try to find some courses in HK that you can apply to
    2. Try to find a job that will sponsor your work visa
    3. not to make it sound so bad, apply for a Domestic Helper Visa where you BF will be your employer lol you will get 2 years contract.

See which one you can do and is easiest instead of doing visa runs as you only get 30 days with Thai Passport.

Susuevans likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    for your next visa run go to SZ China instead, dont just go to macau.

Flying in and out of HK your visa run chance is much higher.

If you really want to stay in HK for a longer period, you have a few options

1. Student Visa - Try to find some courses in HK that you can apply to
    2. Try to find a job that will sponsor your work visa
    3. not to make it sound so bad, apply for a Domestic Helper Visa where you BF will be your employer lol you will get 2 years contract.

See which one you can do and is easiest instead of doing visa runs as you only get 30 days with Thai Passport.
    @Chuckster700 you forgot one..........
    Cheeky Kiwi and Susuevans like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    @Chuckster700 you forgot one..........
    u mean Marriage I assume LOL
    Susuevans and Fiona in HKG like this.

Very helpful indeed. We've agreed that marraige is a great solution for us however since it does take some processing time, these pesky little visa runs are nessecary at the moment.

Would noy not be able to travel into SZ as thai passports require visa to do so. Quite a sticky situation if I do say so myself.

Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Susuevans:
    Very helpful indeed. We've agreed that marraige is a great solution for us however since it does take some processing time, these pesky little visa runs are nessecary at the moment.

Would noy not be able to travel into SZ as thai passports require visa to do so. Quite a sticky situation if I do say so myself.
    Getting married in HK is pretty simple actually
    emx likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast