• 2 Post By Morrison
  • 3 Post By Morrison
  • 2 Post By hullexile
  • 3 Post By Morrison
  • 2 Post By trick254

Fathers Birth Certificate Amendments

Closed Thread

Unhappy Fathers Birth Certificate Amendments

I applied for the Right of Abode in HK and I given them the necessary documents they requested ex: ( Birth cert, HK Identity card of my family, Parents divorce paper and HK birth cert. of my siblings) my family are all HK residents except me ( I was the only one born here in the Philippines; My mom is a Filipino and my Dad is a Chinese National)

Now, before I was born.. my parents got divorced and we don't have any contact with my father. Without my fathers presence my uncle fill out my documents and mistakenly Wrote my fathers English name "Winston Fung( should be Fung Yuk Shing)" and his Birthplace is "mistakenly wrote Philippines(should be China)... now the immigration requires me to properly amend my birth certificate;replacing the english name and birth place of my father.. but I can't amend my fathers Birth cert. here in the Philippines cause The Philippine Governement requires me to have my Dads documents ( birth cert, Id, passport.. etc) but I only can give them my Dads ID and divorced paper of them.. I can't amend my papers and I can't get my right to be a HK resident even tho I'm a legitimate child. Now, the HK Immigration Dept. has given me 2weeks to process it but I don't know what to do.. I'm stuck.

Please help me out guys so that I can get my right to live and stay with my family in HK...

Step 1 ask them for an extension of deadline, it's no big deal as there are no fixed deadlines

Step 2 pls tell us where exactly your father was born, in China or in HK?
    If in HK, there is a birth and death registry at which you can get a copy of his birth certificate fairly easily

trick254 and gigglinggal like this.

Currently I'm here in the Philippines I just returned from HK since they require me to sned the application to them in person.

My father was born in Yunping, China.

then I asked my mom if she can request a birth cert.of my Dad in China but she replied

"your father doesn't have a Birth Cert.because when he was born, there is a war going on in China. My father is 75-76 yrs old
    as of now I thought of that by looking at his photocopy of HKID card that was being left.

can you scrap this application and have a do over?

Yeah I can send another application and wait but still I need to think of a way of getting my Birth Cert. to be amended, and also to think of a way on how to get my fathers documents without his contact informations. By now, I'm stuck with my birth cert. and wasted money and effort on going to HK getting my rights. My family is waiting for me.. it's too sad my mom didn't fixed it when I was still a minor and now I'm the one who's fixing their mistakes in the past.

Well, a few here have faced comparable problems while applying for ROA based on Chinese nationality, and there has been a great exchange of our individual experience and how we have managed to eventually overcome these problems.

I would keep the current application running, just write HK Immi what kind of problems you face and why you most likely can not come up with certain proof. They are quite flexible, to a certain extent.

So to make it clear again to us, what's your father's real name and birth date
    versus what is it on your birth certificate ?

since your siblings had no problems obtaining their status, one option would be to find them and ask for a DNA test as proof that you have the same father.
    Of course you should FIRST ask HK Immi whether they would accept such a proof as substitute for the incorrect birth certificate .

Last edited by Morrison; 14-11-2017 at 05:41 PM.
    hullexile, trick254 and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    Well, a few here have faced comparable problems while applying for ROA based on Chinese nationality, and there has been a great exchange of our individual experience and how we have managed to eventually overcome these problems.

I would keep the current application running, just write HK Immi what kind of problems you face and why you most likely can not come up with certain proof. They are quite flexible, to a certain extent.

So to make it clear again to us, what's your father's real name and birth date
    versus what is it on your birth certificate ?

since your siblings had no problems obtaining their status, one option would be to find them and ask for a DNA test as proof that you have the same father.
    Of course you should FIRST ask HK Immi whether they would accept such a proof as substitute for the incorrect birth certificate .
    Good idea. Even the bastards at UK immigration didn't argue with a DNA result.
    gigglinggal and trick254 like this.

I wrote an email to the customer service of the immigration dept. and told them my whole story and he told me to wait for it to reach their higher superiors. Will it be fine writing them a letter thru Customer service email? since I'm currently here in the Philippines.

My fathers name in Chinese is "Fung Yuk Shing" he was born in "Yun Ping Village in China"
    now my uncle mistakenly wrote "Winston Fung" in my fathers name and "Philippines" in the birthplace.

that would be a really great advice regarding for DNA Testing you're such a big help mate. I really appreciate you guys helping me. <3

You have a case number and a case officer that handles your application, so you can just correspond by email.

As to your birth certificate, I don't get what your uncle has to do with it, but as gigglinggal has posted,
    the Birth and Death Registry might have something about your father.

Then you will have to get your birth certificate amended, somehow or come up with something else.

The real problem I see is that at some point of time you might think you probably don't deserve it and give up. So you should actively think about such a situation, and conceive a strategy how to master your emotions and pull through with your application

The only consolation I can give you is you are not the only one and your case is not even extreme, I have seen worse. Wil try to find a hyperlink about one case from SCMP a couple of years ago when I have a moment.

gigglinggal, trick254 and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    You have a case number and a case officer that handles your application, so you can just correspond by email.

As to your birth certificate, I don't get what your uncle has to do with it, but as gigglinggal has posted,
    the Birth and Death Registry might have something about your father.

Then you will have to get your birth certificate amended, somehow or come up with something else.

The real problem I see is that at some point of time you might think you probably don't deserve it and give up. So you should actively think about such a situation, and conceive a strategy how to master your emotions and pull through with your application

The only consolation I can give you is you are not the only one and your case iprobably is not even extreme, I have seen worse. Wil try to find a hyperlink about one case from SCMP a couple of years ago when I have a moment.
    As for my uncle, he was the one who became my guardian here in the philippines since my father was gone he was the one who fill out the forms for my birth records and don't have any idea on what information he has to write. Maybe he didn't thought it through;that writing a false/wrong information will have a negative impact in the future that's why...

Thanks mate for your effort of helping me and motivating me not to give up. Right now I will not give up on it cause I know that I have the rights to obtain it and will do everything to make it work, thanks to you.. I'm sorry for my bad english. hahaha
    Morrison and gigglinggal like this.