Like Tree5Likes

HKID Issuance for HKSAR Passport holder after Long 3yr absence from HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question HKID Issuance for HKSAR Passport holder after Long 3yr absence from HK

Hi
    I am a HK naturalized chinese (ethnically non-chinese) with a HKPIC (with ROA) and HKSAR Passport. My child (ethnically non-chinese) is also naturalized in HK and has a HKPIC (with ROA) & a HKSAR passport.

After naturalization we have had to live away from HK for my work reasons. Now the child has turned 11 and needs to get a juvenile HKPIC. While I have made trips to HK the child has been away for more than 3 years.

Can anyone advise if the child's absence from HK will/can be problematic in getting the Juvenile card issued? or when a juvenile HKID is converted to adult? Keeping in mind that we have no other nationality or permanent residence status anywhere else other than HK

Does long absences from HK for a ethnically non-chinese cause any problems when renewing or replacing HKIDs or HKSAR Passports?

thanks

when a juvenile HKID is converted to adult
    I think I've been corrected on this, so my info might be outdated.

What does the kid's BC say? Does it have something like "right to land verified" or something like that?
    Agarwood likes this.

If he has a HK Passport then there should be no issues at all.

Agarwood likes this.

If you and your child has HKSAR passport then you don't need to worry about 3 year absence from HK. I, being (ethnically non Chinese) lived out of HK for 5 years. Came back, had no issue what so ever. I believe your son won't have any problems getting HKID.
    I'm just telling you my personal experience. May be someone else can shed some light in view of HK immigration laws.
    Good luck

Agarwood likes this.

Thanks ww/kk

Shri

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I think I've been corrected on this, so my info might be outdated.

What does the kid's BC say? Does it have something like "right to land verified" or something like that?
    the child is born outside HK and has a 'Certificate of Naturalization as a Chinese National' issued by HK SAR. so BC is not from HK and says nothing about RTL ROA etc

You both are Chinese nationals, why should there be any problem?
    The 3 year absence rule only applies to non-Chinese who have established ROA through 7 years residency

Agarwood likes this.

Yes, you're all set - I completely missed the part about having an HK passport.

Agarwood likes this.

Sorry to dig this back up but I just wanted to confirm on the if the you have HK passport you don't need to visit every 3 years thing. Is this confirmed?

I am a HKPID holder AO*** with HK passport and RHP. However when I first got my HKPID the letter stated I needed to return every 36 months and I think the immigration officer when I interviewed mentioned the same.
    So just wanted to confirm on that fact as sometimes I may be close to the 36 month return deadline due to work timing.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by raionheart:
    Sorry to dig this back up but I just wanted to confirm on the if the you have HK passport you don't need to visit every 3 years thing. Is this confirmed?

I am a HKPID holder AO*** with HK passport and RHP. However when I first got my HKPID the letter stated I needed to return every 36 months and I think the immigration officer when I interviewed mentioned the same.
    So just wanted to confirm on that fact as sometimes I may be close to the 36 month return deadline due to work timing.

A: The holder has the right of abode in the HKSAR
    O: The holder’s reported place of birth is in other country or region

I dont think the 36 months rule would apply to HKPID, as A is granted.

If you have HKSAR passport, you are already allowed to freely flow in and out from HK any time period and with unlimited period of absence in the territory as ROA is granted. It is in regardless of any ethical group you had been, you are now Chinese by law.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast