Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nivantj

non chinese HK passport holder: how to get the PRC card to tarvel to mainland?

non chinese HK passport holder: how to get the PRC card to tarvel to mainland?

Hi All,

I am a nonchinese HK passport holder and want to visit mainland. I have tried searching but couldn't find relevant information on how to apply for this mainland prc card for hong kongers?
    I checked CTS website and it doesn't seem to have that information

thanks a for your help!

you apply at CTS, also have the picture taken there

Yes its fairly simple process..
    1) Visit CTS branch providing 'Home Return Permit' (Cant't recall if you need to book appointment, better call and confirm)
    2) Fill-in simple form (You will need help of someone who can read/write Chinese as forms are/were only available in Chinese, In my case officer was quite helpful)
    3) Take photograph in one of the booth (Do not rely on standard pp size photograph, they have some strange requirement e.g. can not wear glass etc)
    4) Submit the form and get acknowledgment
    5) Collect the card after few days (Not sure how fast they process these days for first time applicant)..

chuckster007 likes this.

thanks a lot

i guess i was searching at the english website and it doesnt have any link

All the information are in Chinese only, they suppose Chinese nationals understand Chinese.

You can take the pictures at some shops near CTS too.

They have very different requirements on photos from HK passports, make sure the shop know you are applying HRP, not HK or BN(O) passports. Not sugguesting cutting photos or scanning them on your own.

You'll also need to bring at least:
    -HK SAR Passport
    -HKID
    -Document showing how you obtained PR/Chinese nationality (e.g. Naturalisation document)
    -They might ask you for previous passports/etc from when you first entered

The photo service at CTS Sheung Wan is $50 HKD and will ensure it gets done correctly (they have a requirement that the image is uploaded to a specific system and given a barcode)

They say ~3 weeks for first time, but it depends on each case.