Like Tree10Likes

Dependant Visa - Strange situation

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dependant Visa - Strange situation

Hi to all

- This is my 1st post, and I've already checked complete forum several times but couldn't find useful information about my situation
    regarding applying for a dependant visa.

- Me Austrian citizen 32 married to local 45 years old girl (my preference like older :-D) , She's PR. Applied for a dependant visa 4 weeks ago, and yesterday I've received a mail to provide additional document's (attachment below - PDF)

Confusion coming about next:

1) For bank statements and Transunion check is ok, but they are asking for MPF statement with contribution amount for the past 3 months, my wife never worked due "private reasons (to be honest schizophrenic disorder person sometimes)", She have a support by her father financially who's a factory owner in China (getting between 15-20k per month), the rest of the family is also very wealth.
    She's living alone in apartment rented under cousins name whom paying the rent for her, so we have a place to stay together alone.

2) They asking "ME" for my family background, WTH? Why they need to know about my parents, brother, when they are born, occupation and etc. Than I have my own company in Europe which is maintained by my brother which means I don't need to do anything (brother transferring the money to my separate account) .

- Question is how to "I/We" should act in this situation? Wife without work and She can't work, have a apartment provided by her cousin , income support by father.

- I know that She have to be able to support me as my sponsor as mine isn't counted. Why IMMd act like this since i don't have any benefits in HK, only HKID which Isn't useful for me since I'm EU passport holder.

Please read the PDF sent by IMMd to me and if anyone have a useful advice would be helpful. Not sure what to do and how to act. Just to explain and ignore about MPF and etc or?

Thanks Alex

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by resurection:
    - Question is how to "I/We" should act in this situation? Wife without work and She can't work, have a apartment provided by her cousin , income support by father.

- I know that She have to be able to support me as my sponsor as mine isn't counted. Why IMMd act like this since i don't have any benefits in HK, only HKID which Isn't useful for me since I'm EU passport holder.

Just provide them the documents IMMD have requested. If you look at it from IMMD's point of view, how are they going to properly check if your wife can really support you? Your wife has no proven income, no employment, no property in her name etc etc. It makes sense that IMMD would want a bit more information in this case before making a decision.
    shri and jimbo like this.

jmbf said it quite clearly, there is nothing unusual about what IMMD wants, you are applying for a dependent, which means you are depending on her. So proving that she can support you is important hence the document.

Background check gives them an idea who they are dealing with. They can't tell if information you have submitted in the form is genuine, Hence the background check to tally with everything. In their minds, you could be from antartica, obtained an austrian passport and claim to be austrian. I think a lot of 3rd world people do that (not Austria per se) but find a passport as a stepping stone to get to another country. At times these passports are fake and after they jump, they becomes legal in another country

Unless you are Jason Bourne, I don't see whats the issue with providing them with all the background information. Assuming you know when your brothers and parents birthday are.I think you have to realise that you are at their mercy of granting you the visa.

In case you are wondering, most of the guys in this forum pay for the public toilet, police, parks, etc that you think is not of any benefit to you.

shri, HKSGHK and jmbf like this.

Now, I understand why IMMD needs to have an "Its Complicated" option to tick on its forms.

Provide what info you can, and then hope for the best.

And please do understand that Immd will more likely be forgiving about your complications - the local banks will not be. You have far larger problems ahead of you...

it's standard procedure. They asked me what my family jobs were, age etc... They asked how we met and even pictures in different places. It's a pain to do but that's the only way. I pushed back on some of the things they asked and didn't provide it but it still worked.

Dependents of PR are eligible for the subsidised public health care and are also able to take up employment without requiring sponsorship.

Please read the PDF sent by IMMd to me and if anyone have a useful advice would be helpful. Not sure what to do and how to act. Just to explain and ignore about MPF and etc or?
    Provide what is available and write a letter explaining what isn't available and why.

Take a look at the II Eligibility Criteria, paragraph 5 in the below document - This is why they are asking you the questions and in order to get approval, you need to prove the points.
    Guidebook for Entry for Residence as Dependants in Hong Kong - English version | Immigration Department
    shri likes this.

Hi to all

- This is my 1st post, and I've already checked complete forum several times but couldn't find useful information about my situation
    regarding applying for a dependant visa.

- Me Austrian citizen 32 married to local 45 years old girl (my preference like older :-D) , She's PR. Applied for a dependant visa 4 weeks ago, and yesterday I've received a mail to provide additional document's (attachment below - PDF)

Confusion coming about next:

1) For bank statements and Transunion check is ok, but they are asking for MPF statement with contribution amount for the past 3 months, my wife never worked due "private reasons (to be honest schizophrenic disorder person sometimes)", She have a support by her father financially who's a factory owner in China (getting between 15-20k per month), the rest of the family is also very wealth.
    She's living alone in apartment rented under cousins name whom paying the rent for her, so we have a place to stay together alone.

2) They asking "ME" for my family background, WTH? Why they need to know about my parents, brother, when they are born, occupation and etc. Than I have my own company in Europe which is maintained by my brother which means I don't need to do anything (brother transferring the money to my separate account) .

Thanks Alex
    Point (2) is standard. Just give the information.

As a general point, you are the immigrant so you have to prove your case. They will look at it case by case and are generally humane but you have to help them bend the rules by giving them the information.

In addition to what others have said that there is very slim chance for you obtaining dependent visa, I 'read ' somewhere what 'someone' did...

They showed 'working' on paper in a relative's business till the visa got approved.

Please note that I'm not condoning such behavior.

Thanks guys for the answers, after getting extra informations and obtaining the transuinion check and etc. got my visa approved within 5 minutes. Big Thanks to all!

chuckster007 likes this.

About HKID benefits dunno want to think, have my own insurance and family business. No need to work here. Again big thanks from me. You have a drink on me after vacation

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast