Like Tree13Likes

2nd refused dependent visa

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I need help too

My husband same case also. He is refugees n have criminal for illegal working.
    He refused n did reconsideration by Laywer, but also refused. How do I do?
    Is it better to write a letter to immigration by council?
    or appeal?
    Many Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Aysha:
    or appeal?
    Many Thanks!
    Refused twice - next to no chance now.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aysha:
    or appeal?
    Many Thanks!
    Consider moving to your husband's home country and trying again in a few years. A criminal conviction for breaching immigration laws is going to be difficult to overcome.
    jimbo and HK_Katherine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Consider moving to your husband's home country and trying again in a few years. A criminal conviction for breaching immigration laws is going to be difficult to overcome.
    a refugee leaves their home country for a reason
    Scorpio01, TheBrit and jrkob like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    True. Is there a third country that would be possible? One that is more welcoming to refugees.

Indeed, so one wonders why we have had an asylum applicant (note: a person is an asylum seeker not a refugee until their case is determined to be genuine) post here previously suggesting that they could return to their home country if it would help a dependent visa application that has been refused twice for an immigration criminal conviction...
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Refugees do, but unfortunately many bogus asylum and non-refoulement claims have made life almost impossibly difficult for those who truly need Out of their homelands.

BTW, did you know that it is now possible for people who have had their refugee claims accepted as genuine to work in HK? As with regular foreign workers, their employers need to submit paperwork about why they need to employ a non-HKer to the Immigration, and the refugee can receive a limited-term employment visa (renewals possible) until they receive a resettlement offer from a third country.
    shri and Fiona in HKG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chingleutsch:
    Refugees do, but unfortunately many bogus asylum and non-refoulement claims have made life almost impossibly difficult for those who truly need Out of their homelands.

BTW, did you know that it is now possible for people who have had their refugee claims accepted as genuine to work in HK? As with regular foreign workers, their employers need to submit paperwork about why they need to employ a non-HKer to the Immigration, and the refugee can receive a limited-term employment visa (renewals possible) until they receive a resettlement offer from a third country.
    We currently employ a refugee (with a horrific story about why she and her children are refugees). It's good to see this programme making progress with helping refugees find a place in Hong Kong.
    Scorpio01 and chingleutsch like this.