Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree38Likes

Call from 852-3413-2424

Why entertain them or provide your email address? Companies are notorious for calling and getting small bits of information about you each time then they have a full profile on you then your identity is stollen. Match that with the lose records from CX and Marriott. Nothing about you is private anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by green2020
    Hi All,Just got a call from 852-3413-2424 saying that they need to verify my immigration details. Person told his name as A*** Chan but he had Indian accent. Beside I had hard time hearing him. So told him to send me details via email and i will stop by to his office for further process. As soon as I told him this, he rushed to finish the conversation. I am waiting for his email but would like to check with you all in case you have heard or got any calls like this. As far as I know immigration wont call you directly without any prior letter/mail correspondance. But when i searched the number, the number is from China Resource building, Wan Chai. Not able to figure it out if it is real or fake. tried calling back to sae number, no answer.Please comment/thoughts.Thanks,Green2020
    Got a call from same person but this time differetn number - +852-3160-8663.. As soon as heard him, I knew it was fake call... so played along with him and saw his confidence growing... was fun for some time but really it is scary for the people who dont know that this is scam and fall for these scams.Please be aware of this and stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by green2020
    Got a call from same person but this time differetn number - +852-3160-8663.. As soon as heard him, I knew it was fake call... so played along with him and saw his confidence growing... was fun for some time but really it is scary for the people who dont know that this is scam and fall for these scams.Please be aware of this and stay safe.
    Is it a co-incidence or really narrowing down somewhere especially considering you made a call for passport inquiry!!!
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nivantj
    Is it a co-incidence or really narrowing down somewhere especially considering you made a call for passport inquiry!!!
    Passport inquiry was for my son and call was about my immigration status. So I dont think there is any relation between my passport inquiry and this fake phone call.

Who knows probably you called from mobile which triggered some sort of notification in their system which already has your past record!!

That number looks very similar to the one from which I occasionally get missed calls. Only the last four digits are different. Heck, haven't even bothered to Google-check it. Whatever, I just ignore any numbers that isn't familiar. Surely, if it's my best buddy calling me from another alien number , he/she will take pains to message me “ hey, lazy arse pick up the damn phone. It's me”.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4